Fluids & Cementing Specialist - contract, part time
|TXHourly/Part timeDrilling Operations Onshore||Ref.: MO-074289|
|The Fluids & Cementing Specialist will provide technical support in the areas of Drilling Fluids, Completion Fluids, Cementing and Waste Management with the Wells Team assignment beginning in Houston to assist with planning activities with the ensuing assignment transitioning to a Luanda-based role to support Operations.|
|The role will give the opportunity to be involved in a Mega-Project utilizing a TLWP – Self-Contained Drilling Rig Development concept in a Deepwater environment that potentially includes world class ERD wells. The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn/utilize Project Management skills from Front End Planning to Operations role.|
|• Support Drilling & Completions design activities during detailed Well Engineering and associated studies for the Angola Block 16 Chissonga Development Project|
• Evaluate alternatives and recommend strategies / plans consistent with the Maersk Oil Incident Free culture incorporating Leading Safety and Process Safety as well as Angolan regulations.
• Provide support throughout the Tendering process for equipment and services including specification of Drilling equipment and services.
• Provide technical input to MODU and TLWP functional requirements and technical specifications considering HSE, operational efficiency, wellbore quality and cost.
• Involvement with well planning and provide Fluids & Cementing technical expertise in progressing deliverables through the Well Delivery Process.
• Evaluate and provide input to optimize well designs, services, equipment, procedures and operational practices to deliver fit-for-purpose well requirements
• Provide input to Drilling, Testing and Completion Programs and support to Operations in preparation for and during the MODU Pre-Drill campaign
• Participate in Drill-Well-On-Paper, Complete-Well-On-Paper and Test-Well-On-Pater reviews and Pre-Spud Meetings
• Participate in reviews with Service Providers and coordinate with Service Providers to ensure appropriate quality of service and reduction in NPT initiatives
• Provide Fluids & Cementing topical reviews for Wells Team
• Support Chissonga Development Project cost estimating and benchmarking (as required)
• Effective liaison and communication within the Houston-based and Luanda-based Wells Team, Corporate Drilling, Chissonga Subsurface and Project Management teams
• Implementation of additional processes/procedures applicable to Deepwater Drilling operations improvement
• Lead all aspects of wells waste management and associated contracts
• Networking across Maersk Oil and Industry Fluids and Cementing Subject Matter Experts considering Deepwater applications. Incorporate Industry Best Practices and lessons learned to provide quality wells while meeting performance requirements.
• Prepare and provide input to Purchase Orders / Service Orders
• Provide input to logistics and supply base requirements
• Oversight and interface with service providers for fluids testing and cement design requirements
• Provide Rigsite support (as required)
• Studies applicable to Fluids and Well Cementation
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Chemistry|
• Extensive experience providing Fluids & Cementing Technical support with an Operator
• Deepwater experience including West Africa wells / projects
• Experience with Extended Reach Drilling well design and operations (preferably in a Deepwater environment)
• Experience in a role requiring the use of a structured Well Delivery Process (preferred)
• Possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
• Effective collaboration skills
• Team player considering Team members are located in Houston and Luanda
|>||Last application date: 27 May 2016.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|