Projects: Senior Contracts Engineer
|Maersk Oil Qatar is looking to appoint a Senior Contracts Engineer for a major field development project in Qatar based in the Company’s Head Office Doha Qatar. The Senior Contracts Engineer will be embedded within the Integrated Project Team with a direct reporting line to the Project Contracts Manager with the authority to source and secure services and goods in alignment with the Project scope, whilst managing risk and maximizing value through engagement with the delivery managers and contractors, and ensuring the project contracts are in compliance with applicable regulations and procedures.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar A/S operates one of the world’s most complex offshore oil fields, Al Shaheen. It currently produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil production. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from Al Shaheen, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenging careers which contribute to the Qatar’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil offers a challenging and rewarding environment for professionals to aspire and realise their professional ambitions.
Individuals can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation whilst building a successful career leading to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for suitable candidates possessing the necessary skills, expertise and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|As the Senior Contracts Engineer you will be reporting to the Project Contracts Manager and scope Delivery Manager on a day-to-day basis.|
Your key responsibilities are for the Central Processing Facilities work scope (and other offshore work scopes as required) will be comprised of; contracting strategy (Life cycle), risk assessment, sourcing, tender technical and commercial evaluation, award recommendation, negotiation, contract award, contractor management including negotiation and settlement of contractual claims and disputes.
Further responsibilities include; integration and alignment between key dependable work scopes and contract packages, procurement governance in line with MAERSK Oil’s policies and standards and maintenance of current market intelligence through market interaction and liaison with Category Managers.
Uphold and be a role-model for Maersk’s Core Values and leadership behaviors.
Actively support a working culture based on a commitment to Incident Free Operations.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in quantity surveying, engineering, law, or business|
• Minimum of 7 years supply chain experience with a minimum 5 years offshore oil industry experience including a central processing facility in a large project environment
You will be able to provide examples from your knowledge and experience in the follow areas;
• Demonstrate strategic awareness and understanding of the technical and commercial nature of multiple procurement categories and the drivers of these market segments,
• Understanding of Offshore Central Processing Platform technology, e.g. processing facilities
• Ability to interpret technical scopes of work and drawings and specifications
• Excellent knowledge of procurement systems (ARIBA & SAP)
• Accomplished in due diligence procedures
• Knowledge of PSAs and the bearing on contracting
• Capacity to influence stakeholders and peers
• Handle on the spot commercial questions with clarity and diplomacy
• Ability to make immediate prognosis in cases of complex matters and seek endorsement from seniors when required
• Demonstrate ability to constructively challenge status quo and existing protocols
• Initiates cross-functional and cross-organisational collaboration in own area of influence
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to organize and motivate people to achieve a common goal
• Able to disseminate knowledge and expertise effectively
In order to succeed in this role strong interpersonal skills and your ability to interact effectively and work with people at all levels in a multicultural organization will be critical.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|