|This role is part of the Global Tax structure and reports to the Head of Tax - India, based out of Mumbai. This team will be taking care of all tax related activities including compliance, statutory requirements and tax management across the APMM Business Units present in India. |
|We offer you the opportunity to work in an international environment alongside talented colleagues. The A.P. Moller – Maersk Group is globally engaged in different industries and subject to oil, shipping and standard tax regimes. |
As part of the India Country Tax Centre Tax the incumbent will work closely with colleagues from Finance Departments of Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Damco and other group companies. You will gain insight and broad knowledge of the Group activities in India.
Responsible for all day to day work for all Indian group companies, including:
• Dealing with all issues related to expatriates’ tax programme and assessment hereunder:
- Manage special expatriate tax schemes (if any)
- Preparing and submission of tax returns for expatriates
- Calculating and arranging any on account tax payment to the tax authorities which is due to be made by the employer
• Dealing with HR tax issues related to locally employed employees
- Calculating and arranging any on account tax payments to the tax authorities which is due to be made by the employer
• All correspondence with Indian tax authorities in relation to employee tax compliance
• Preparing treaty clearance applications
• Assisting the Head of Tax with project and advisory work
• Maintain a good working relationship with Indian tax authorities
Key Performance Indicators:
• Meeting statutory and internal deadlines with minimal managerial input
• Keeping customers happy
|Who we are looking for|
|Chartered Accountant with 7-8 years of experience in taxation. |
Incumbent with a high drive for results, good analytical and problem solving skills.
• In depth knowledge of HR/employee tax
• Good knowledge of excel and word.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
Time management, good communicator, self motivated, detail oriented.
Learning description of the role:
• Keeping up to date with tax law and practise
• Develop interpersonal skills
• Develop knowledge of APMM industries.
• Finance personnel within India
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|