Projects: Senior Pipeline Engineer (WHP)
|The Senior Pipeline Engineer will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility, within the defined decision space and direction from the Project Engineering/Delivery Manager, and will play a critical role in supporting the Lead Pipeline Engineer to drive the execution of the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define/Execute stages for the Subsea Pipeline scope, and the identified brownfield tie-ins. They will also be directly responsible for the ITT Packages for FEED, EPIC, detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective. |
Through application of Pipeline Engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Senior Pipeline Engineer shall be responsible for the provision of quality pipeline engineering support, services and assurance (TA-3 level) to the integrated project team, ensuring a common and consistent design by working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS), and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES). Propose use of international standards, for areas of the design that is not currently covered by our standards.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through a line-of-sight reporting and governance structure the Senior Pipeline Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to: |
• Assist pipeline engineering team in the transition from the concept selection phase to FEED and beyond;
• Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are designed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner;
• Supervise the work of other pipeline engineers on projects related to the field development plan;
• Perform pipeline engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of pipeline engineering issues and problems;
• Be a major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents;
• Assure compliance with established safety policies and procedures and practices safe work habits throughout all stages/phases of the project;
• Assist in management and coordination of activities from a functional engineering perspective;
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
• Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
• Assist in creation and coordination of project manhour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and performance against these;
• Assist in creation of project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
• Identify and evaluate issues/events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project quality, scope, cost, or schedule;
• Define, manage and/or coordinate project activities that are in compliance with the ‘final’ scope and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and planning are achieved with an ambition level of ‘execute with excellence’;
• Evaluate and recommend pre-engineering and engineering concepts, designs and development for pipeline and riser systems associated with the Company's oil and gas production, pressure maintenance, transport and export;
• Ensure technical integrity and HSE requirements are met cost effectively throughout the development cycle;
• Provide expert/consultancy service to other engineers/users and approves designs for modifications and/or requests for pipeline engineering support.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Possess a minimum of 10 years’ of relevant offshore pipeline engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on ITT package development, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases for offshore pipelines systems;|
• High awareness of ‘Incident Free’ and ‘Process Safety’ in this challenging development environment;
• High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning offshore pipeline systems specifically, and oil & gas facilities in general;
• Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of offshore process and utility system design, related to pipeline systems;
• Familiarity with offshore pipeline installation methods;
• Strong capability in pipeline design E2E (between Launcher / Receivers on separate offshore facilities) on both Greenfield and Brownfield developments, including budget and schedule estimation, installation implications, system integration and start-up challenges;
• Familiarity with the codes and standards of DNV, ISO, ASME, API and ANSI, and is current on new scientific engineering methods (Offshore Middle East and Europe/UK);
• Familiarity with multidiscipline design reviews (layout reviews, HAZOPs, etc.), including 3rd party verification and certification;
• Have excellent teamwork skills and be able to work with various stakeholders to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of delivering development projects;
• Have excellent computer skills, in particular MS Office and proficient in the use of industry standard engineering applications (e.g. OFFPIPE, CAESAR II, AutoPIPE, PIPESIM, etc.);
• Ability to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
• Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams;
• Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment;
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written;
|>||Last application date: 08 January 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|