Mechanical Engineering Team Lead and Rotating Equipment TA2
|In response to the continued development and expansion of our offshore facilities in the Al-Shaheen field Maersk OIl Qatar are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineering Team Lead and Rotating Equipment TA2. |
The main purpose of the role is to assure that decisions affecting mechanical rotating equipment design, construction, operations and in service integrity & reliability are consistent with the required level of quality, competence and completeness. You will also be responsible for managing a team of highly qualified engineers, ensuring the delivery of effective mechanical engineering support to the overall business.
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|• Review and approve fitness for service assessments and performance standard excursions to ensure facilities are operating within and will continue to operate within the designed operating envelope.|
• Participate in and support the implementation of the Project Maturation Process and Management of Change Assurance processes, providing technical assurance around mechanical rotating equipment.
• Provide Technical Assurance for those engineering issues deemed to be above the authority of the TA-3’s.
• Approve waiver requests to Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS).
• Ensure that the TA-3’s are fulfilling their duties and not exceeding their authorities
• Provide innovative problem solving approaches to enhance capabilities within business unit
• Provide advice on work processes and standards within business unit.
• Define and maintain a competency matrix for TA-2 and TA-3 levels within discipline.
• Define and maintain a matrix of discipline deliverables and required TA approval level.
• Develop and maintain a register of TA-3’s within discipline
• Ensure the roles and responsibilities of TA-3’s are clearly defined.
• Ensure that TA-3’s assigned to project teams are competent to perform their duties.
• Identify development requirements for TA-2 deputy to achieve TA-2 status and take action to ensure the development is achieved.
• Identify development requirements for discipline engineers to achieve TA-3 status and take action to ensure development is achieved.
• Drive an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture.
• Ensure compliance to health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental excellence procedures and controls for activities under area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
• Participate in incident investigation and TOPSET investigations as required.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.|
• Chartered engineering status preferred.
• 17-20 years relevant oil & gas experience covering full portfolio of mechanical rotating equipment associated with offshore facilities.
• Previous Technical Authority experience preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of offshore oil & gas process facilities design and operation.
• Proven detailed knowledge of international codes and standards pertinent to mechanical rotating equipment.
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal & written.
• Confident and capable of working in a multicultural environment.
• Computer literate including fully conversant with Microsoft Office products.
|>||Last application date: 12 March 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|