|A challenging and rewarding position where the right individual can make a significant impact on the project facilities engineering aspects of these development projects. We have a multicultural working environment, where Incident Free, safety, operational excellence, integration and collaboration are key factors in driving for success and meeting our vision; to more than double the recovery from the Al Shaheen field for the mutual benefit of Qatar and Maersk Oil.|
This position is primarily onshore based in our Doha office, Qatar, with regular visits to engineering and construction site office as well as to the offshore facilities.
We offer competitive remuneration which includes family status terms and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Senior Project Engineer will initially be responsible for managing the project engineering aspects and activities of the development plan, initially through the SELECT / DEFINE (FEED) stage, and for these particular aspects of the Development Plan; Subsea Pipelines & Umbilical’s, Subsea Tie-in Spools, Risers, and those interface areas on the Jackets and Topsides, Greenfield and Brownfield, to ensure alignment with the; project strategy, objectives, scope, schedule, quality, and identified deliverables for the ITT packages and Define/FEED scope for this stage.|
Following the final investment decision (project sanction), the Senior Project Engineer will support and/or become the Delivery Manager in the overall management, contract execution, delivery and integration of the identified packages for Subsea Pipelines and Umbilical’s, through the EP/EPC/EPIC, T&I, HUC, etc. contracts, and on to system and ultimately facility hand-over to operations.
Followed by, support and close-out to operations during initial start-up and performance verification period.
The management/support will be to an agreed level of governance, safety, quality, deliverables, assurance and performance aspects, with a challenging set of key stakeholder requirements, integration and performance aspects. The responsibilities also includes contractor prequalification, compilation of ITT packages, management of the tender process, contract negotiation, contact and contractor management through to contract and project close-out. They will also be directly involved with an identified and agreed set of value improving practices, e.g. Readiness to Execute, Operability, Constructability, Operational Readiness, etc. reviews.
The integration aspects are not just limited to the Greenfield project facilities scope; they include integration with existing assets, and integration with the scope and activities in the other project workstreams and BU functional areas, and include Well Head Platform and Brownfield integration and verification of process condition/alignment aspects of the project.
Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Senior Project Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems;
- Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Interface Management Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Installation plan, HUC plan, Inspection and Test plans, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
- Promotes technical excellence and value improving practices, including furtherance of the quality management system, by ensuring that all project engineering aspects of the facilities scope are in accordance with the relevant local standards, procedures and practices, Maersk Oil standards, certification rules and international codes of practices to meet HSE, Quality and technical requirements, and 3rd party verification.
- Assure compliance with established safety policies and procedures and safe work practices throughout all stages/phases of the project;
- Understand and manage the HSSE aspects of the design (HAZIDS, HAZOPS, HFE, etc.);
- Assist in management and coordination of activities among all project functions and engineering disciplines;
- Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
- Assist in ensuring that all interfaces within the project facilities deliveries are adequately defined and controlled and that interfaces are actively and effectively managed;
- Assist in identification, tracking and recording of all TQ’s, actions, deviations, variations (accepted and rejected) and key decisions made during each phase of the project and ensuring that these are made following due process within the agreed decision space
- Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
- Assist in creation and coordination of project man-hour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and performance against these;
- Prepares project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
- Identify and evaluates issues/events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project quality, scope, cost, or schedule;
- Define, manage and/or coordinate project activities that are in compliance with the ‘final’ scope and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and planning are achieved with an ambition level of ‘execute with excellence’.
- Mentor high potential staff and ensure direct reports have the right training and competencies to carry out their duties and help create a learning environment;
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in engineering (Process / Pipeline / Structural), who can bring with them a wealth of experience in Greenfield & Brownfield Projects relating to the installation of new and integration/interface with existing offshore Oil & Gas facilities, with a minimum;|
- 10 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience post-graduation, and
- 10-15 years’ experience on ITT package development, for FEED and detailed engineering phases on Mega Offshore Greenfield projects; Pipelines, Risers and Jackets, and
- Minimum 5 years as Senior Project Engineer during detailed engineering, Construction/fabrication, installation, hook-up and commissioning of subsea pipelines, umbilical’s, risers and jackets on Mega Offshore Greenfield Projects.
- Overall understanding of entire technical value chain / project life-cycle and integration including; estimating, studies, conceptual and detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance, inspection, testing and repair
- Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
- High awareness of ‘Incident Free’ and ‘Process Safety’ in this challenging development environment
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of and on oil & gas facilities.
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Project, etc.).
- Incumbent must be able to take a ‘holistic’ approach to project definition and execution that calls for integrating experience and competencies in engineering and design, procurement, construction, commissioning, maintenance, hand-over, and support to operations during the initial start-up and performance optimization period.