Finance Business Partner - Deployment & Network Strategy
|Do you want to play a key role in a challenging and engaging workplace, providing excellent learning opportunities within the global market leader of container logistics? |
Maersk Ocean Centre Finance is looking for a Business Finance Partner based in Copenhagen. You will be part of a strong team continuing a transformation journey in the way we support the business. In your role you will work with operational and financial stakeholders to optimize the network and assist in making deployment decisions.
You will become highly recognized for business acumen and as a trusted business finance partner to Operations on deep analysis, understanding the impacts on key performance indicators impacting on future performance, identifying risks and opportunities for the business and supporting your stakeholder’s decision-making process. You will support performance management for Maersk global deployment, key KPIs and network costs with an angle to network, chartering and trade. You will be engaging with several stakeholders and gain a holistic and cross functional view of both operational and cost drivers. This role will put you in a challenging and engaging workplace, providing excellent learning opportunities close to the business.
|An empowered position in Maersk Ocean’s Business Finance team for Operations being the focal point for management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, deep dive analysis and finance related business support.|
The Business Finance Operations team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the Operations function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance. The Operations function is responsible for the global operational expenses, designing our network and managing our capacity.
Decisions made in Operations have a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk’s Ocean business and you will play a key role being part of Operations commitment in driving our cost leadership strategy.
As Finance Business Partner (FBP) you will have the opportunity to drive financial analysis, performance management and decision support to the deployment and network strategy teams. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making thereby contributing to ensuring an optimized network design.
As a Finance Partner in Operations you will be working together with a team of highly skilled and talented people in an international environment, getting early empowerment and responsibilities as well as exposure to the stakeholders in Operations, senior management and a truly global organisation.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
|Functional reporting to the Head of Vessel & Fixed Cost interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk Line, primarily deployment and network strategy as a trusted partner to key stakeholders in these teams with a close cooperation with stakeholders in Network and chartering.|
Your main responsibilities will be to drive part of key financial processes and operating system supporting management reporting, financial planning, performance management and decision making in close collaboration with stakeholders in Operations and other Finance teams. You will report to stakeholders with clear business and financial insights and perform analyses of performance and trends to identify and suggest appropriate actions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive accurate, timely and aligned reporting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs
• Prepare supporting documentation for various cost/performance management review meetings
• Drive various ad hoc financial analyses to stakeholders
• Understand financial and operational footprint to proactively support with insight impacting forward looking business decision making and improve business results
• Facilitate scenario analysis for new transformation projects, support business cases and project post-audits
• Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly forecasting of deployment changes
• Forecasting and reporting on impacts related to capitalization of long-term vessel leases under IFRS16 and impact of tonnage changes
• Finance owner of IT system enhancements related to deployment
You will also work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimisation. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as developing the operating model.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics, business or other related field. |
You have three to seven years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
• Have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with and supporting the business in driving performance and value
• Are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organised with high attention to detail
• Are well structured with a strong adherence to deadlines
• Are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy
• Are an extroverted team player who are used to and enjoy working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organisation
• Are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time
• Are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience from BI systems/ a technical acumen is a plus
• Are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.
|>||Last application date: 14 March 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Recruiting Specialist Li Zhu on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|