Business Finance Partner, Vessel Investments & Special Projects
|Do you want to play a key role in a challenging and engaging workplace, providing excellent learning opportunities within the global market leader of container logistics? |
|Integrator of container logistics - connecting and simplifying our customers' supply chain. Key to this is the industry’s largest, most reliable, and most cost competitive network to all markets.|
In your role you will work with operational and financial stakeholders to optimize and develop the business. As a finance business partner, you will be expected to quickly get to know the business and work across the floor. You will identify risks and opportunities for the business and support stakeholders’ decision-making processes.
As Finance Business Partner (FBP) you will have the opportunity to drive financial analysis and decision support to the vessel portfolio management. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making thereby contributing to ensuring an optimized vessel portfolio. You will act as the focal point for investment analysis, decision bases, deep dive analysis, special projects and finance related business support centred around the global vessel portfolio.
At Maersk you will have an exciting and attractive career, in an ambitious and collaborative environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, in a truly global organization.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performance teams.
|Functional reporting to the Head of Business Finance for Vessel & Fixed Costs interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk Line, primarily Centre Chartering as the trusted partner to key stakeholders in this team with a close cooperation with stakeholders in Network, Fleet Management and Technology and Business/Corporate Finance.|
• Investment Analysis: Review and support in business cases around vessel purchases and long-term leases, including sensitivity analysis on all financial metrics
• Opportunity and pipeline management: Provide forward looking and independently initiated analysis. Support cost analysis as a subject matter expert for given areas.
• Partnering: Contribute to form business decisions and enable follow-up. Assist in evaluating alternative strategies and proving recommendations to the business. Perform ad-hoc analysis and insights to business based on business need.
• Analysis: Drive various ad hoc financial analysis with stakeholders to understand the financial and operational footprint impacting forward looking business decision making to improve business results
• Continuous improvement: Drive simplification of reports, analytics tools and automation of reporting.
You will also work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimisation. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as developing the operating model.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate you hold a Master’s degree in finance or economics (Cand.Merc, Cand.Polit, Cand.Oecon if from Denmark, or equivalent) combined with at least five to ten years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, investment analysis, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.|
You have a thorough understanding of finance and investment analysis including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow movements.
• Are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity, being well organised with high attention to detail
• Are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy
• Are an extroverted team player who are used to and enjoy working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organisation
• Are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time
• Are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience with SAP and SQL is a plus
• Are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.
|>||Last application date: 31 December 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruiting Specialist Li Zhu on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|