|We are looking to strengthen our Data Engineering capabilities in Maersk's network department. If you have a solid data engineering background, have experience with data base development and data analysis and you thrive in an Agile fast-paced environment working closely together with the business, then read on!|
|We are hiring for a position in the Network Strategy team, which amongst others builds tools for designing our global network of vessels and optimizing our flow of containers on the vessels. The team consists of a mix of software developers and data scientists. We are placed together with our end users to ensure close collaboration with the business. The team is responsible for developing our Flow Planner application and for delivering core analyses on our network. |
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. We actively engage the business to deliver on its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class software delivery unit that delivers business value through automation, standardization, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market.
|You will be part of a 5-person scrum team that is responsible for the continuous enhancement of the Flow Planner tool. Your tasks will among other things include the following:|
• Software development tasks, mainly on the data base, but preferably also in the middleware layer.
• Improving and automating the data sourcing and data preparation processes.
• Monitoring data base performance and tuning if needed.
• Data sourcing and big data analyses in close collaboration with the SMEs in the business.
• Modernize the applications data base layer with the aim of moving to a cloud-based solution.
• Expose the application output data to end users via data lake, Power BI or other visualization platform.
• Writing and maintaining secure, robust, scalable and efficient code that turns business concepts into tangible solutions, products and user experiences.
• Participating in Scrum ceremonies, e.g. sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in most of the following skills and experiences:|
• A technical background with a master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or computer science with experience in data analysis.
• More than 2 years of industry data engineering experience, ideally with both software development and data analytics.
• Experience in data base development, preferably using T-SQL, is essential
• Working experience with C# .NET or Python.
• Experience with Git/DevOps/VSTS.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
• Strong analytical skills and a software developer mindset.
• The desire to understand the container liner shipping domain and to work closely with the business.
Furthermore, one or more of the following skills will be considered an advantage:
• Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Azure SQL.
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals using Terraform or ARM
• BI experience (MSBI, Teradata, MicroStrategy).
|>||Last application date: 31 October 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|