Technical Management Student Assistant
|Nordhavn, CopenhagenStudentMaritime Technology||Ref.: SV-222116|
|Come join Svitzer and use your analytical skills to drive compliance, performance monitoring and maintenance governance across the fleet of a global company. |
As a student assistant in the Technical Management department at Svitzer you will become an expert in interpreting and analysing complex data whilst getting insight in business technical operational globally. A major part of this position will involve around building and following up on the Technical KPIs of the fleet, setting up optimization tools for monitoring the performance of the vessel as well as ensuring that the standard technical processes are being followed.
|You will be joining a dynamic, international and growth-focused company. We are an industry leader working to maintain our leading position by transforming the markets in which we operate. |
The role is based at our Head Office in Copenhagen, where you will join the Technical Management department. You will be reporting to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and act as a support function to the Group’s standard reporting processes ensuring fleet compliance and technical performance optimization.
The team sets direction, monitors and coordinates global technical activities for 450 vessels operating all over the world. The team is lean with a flat structure in a performance driven culture where you will be given significant independence to shape your role and contributions to the performance of Group Technical and our Company.
|As a student assistant in Group Technical, you will be working closely with colleagues in Copenhagen and across the globe to deliver the following responsibilities: |
- Performance Monitoring: For the technical KPIs you will ensure compliance across the whole fleet and most importantly report and drive performance. These technical KPIs are part of the Operations Scorecard giving you exposure to the whole Operations department.
- Performance Monitoring: Following up and ensuring completion and compliance of the Monthly Vessel Report used worldwide to monitor all our vessels’ performance.
- Performance Monitoring: Following up and ensuring completion and compliance and administration of the various BI dashboards implemented by the company.
- Compliance: Monitoring and suggesting improvements to the Group Technical Standard Processes within Svitzer.
- Maintenance Governance: Utilize our PMS (Planned Maintenance System) to identify trends and making recommendations for savings and potential optimizations of our planned maintenance activities.
- Optimization tools: Identify opportunities to automate and display various performance optimization areas. An example can be tying technical performance to financial performance to investigate various correlations.
- Strategic Project Support: Assisting the CTO into the project management and admin needed to run big projects which are connected to the various strategic initiatives.
- Ad hoc analysis support: As the Technical Student Assistant you will be approached whenever there is a need for some technical data. Therefore you will need to support the various departments in the Head Office as well as various ad hoc tasks from the regions.
|Who we are looking for|
|You are a confident, energetic person who approaches tasks with a high level of engagement. You are self-driven, curious, able to work independently and with a desire to drive and complete projects fast and properly.You are fluent in verbal and written English and a great communicator.|
Preferably you are studying Engineering and or Business Analysis / Finance / Operations Excellence related Masters degree.
Furthermore, we are looking for someone with the following qualifications;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and experience with Power BI and programming
- You have some relevant work experiene with stakeholder management, as you are likely to end up in dialogues with colleagues from the vessel crew all the way to the COO (Chief Operations Officer)
- You have a desire to create optimization tools for automating various manual tasks across the technical organization.
|>||Last application date: 30 August 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Kristine Baagø HR Business Partner +45 39193996.
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|