Junior Security Engineer
|Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.|
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Junior Security Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stake-holders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardization and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
You should be have a foundational knowledge in security covering a broad range of subject areas, from networks to server hardening through to secure by design coding practises.
As a Junior Security Engineer, you will be responsible person to deliver security improvements, driving our Secure by Design approach and engaging with the security stakeholder across Maersk.
- Working with and alongside a specialist in various areas of security, covering technical work streams.
- Assist wider security team who are driving strategic security improvement initiatives.
- Acting as initial escalation point for Specialist security issues.
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging security trends and threats.
|Who we are looking for|
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering
- Experience with Identity and Access Management, identity process flows with joiners, movers and leavers. Integrations with Privileged Access Management (PAM) and Privileged Identity Management (PIM) methods for controlling and securing access to systems of service.
- Role based access control to promote secure by design patterns with a Least User Privilege principle
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Breadth knowledge in Cisco, Checkpoint or top-tier firewalls
- Azure IaaS and PaaS, with depth knowledge on Azure Networking and Security patterns
- VMWare and Hyper-V virtualisation
- Active Directory, Azure AD (including B2B, B2C)
- Antimalware and EDR solutions
- Desirable knowledge and hands on experience with technologies from CyberArk, ArcSight, Checkpoint, F5
- Industry related guidance with CIS Benchmarks, OWASP, Microsoft Security Baselines
|>||Last application date: 13 July 2019.|
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|