Vessel Deployment Specialist
|Acts as the single entry point for chartering vessels. Selects the right assets for the right services, always balancing the Commercial/Network Design requirements with operational restrictions. Proactively identifies asset opportunities and benefits in the short and long run.|
|The position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a very dynamic, international and professionally challenging environment among skilled and dedicated colleagues. As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength. In Maersk we make occupational safety and health our highest priority, and we try to ensure that our employees have a healthy work-life balance. |
The position also offers:
• Exposure to key Centre functions, disciplines and decision-makers
• Highly complex tasks combining Operational, Commercial and Financial angles
• Possibility to build a strong personal network across function and department
• Dynamic learning and development environment
|• Has accountability for the Deployment of Assets, optimising on overall cost/benefit considering elements such as consumption, intakes, and charter costs.|
• Assists with developing the optimal fleet mix basis current and future surplus/deficit situation on vessel segments on coordination with chartering.
• Has accountability and responsibility of cost efficient planning/timing for dry-docking of vessels (considering overall replacement & network costs)
• Find opportunities to mitigate/minimise costs with positioning vessels in between deployment via commercial, operational or chartering opportunities via liaising with key stakeholders.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Logical & analytical with strong problem solving skills|
• Clear ability convert concepts into actions
• Strong person, with a natural inclination to both challenge and cooperate.
• Able to engage with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
• A natural orientation towards Focus, Simplicity and Teamwork in support of our cultural amplifiers
Experience from relevant functions in Operations or Trade & Marketing would be an advantage. A good understanding of ship management and/or marine/capacity management is desirable.
|>||Last application date: 20 July 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Business Partner, Katarzyna Kulak at email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|