Senior Strategic Technology Vendor Manager
|Copenhagen KLocalIT||Ref.: GF-195705|
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitisation and IT are taking centre stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. |
We are currently looking for a technology-oriented individual who would help take our strategic vendor partnerships to a new level. If building lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships is your hallmark, if your working style is engaging as well as proactive, we would like to hear from you.
|Joining Maersk will offer career development in a global organization. In response to the company-wide strategy of becoming the global integrator of container logistics, we have formulated the One Technology strategy and have embarked on the transformational journey. The Strategic Vendor Management team has one of the key roles in it. |
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all our global organisation of ca 2200 people, as well as our strategic external partners.
The role reports to the Head of Strategic Vendor Management, which is part of the Office of the Chief Technology and Information Officer (OCTIO), a small team which is also responsible for the strategy and transformation, as well as performance management. It is an individual contributor position.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
The role will be placed either in Copenhagen, Denmark, or Maidenhead, UK, depending on the location of the best candidate. The OCIO team is represented in both locations. Limited travel activity between the 2 locations is to be expected.
This vacancy is thus posted in both locations.
Applications will be reviewed in the week following the application deadline.
Please note the role is placed in Maersk Technology, not Procurement.
|You will take part in transforming the way we engage with our strategic partners to deliver value and capabilities for Maersk Technology. |
You will be responsible for:
• Developing the engagement with our strategic suppliers to transform the relationships and deliver business value for Maersk;
• Ensure that supplier performance is objectively measured and drive change where it is required, as well as developing relationships to drive cost optimisation while providing value back to the organisation;
• Providing the practices and frameworks to be followed when engaging with and managing strategic suppliers;
• Building awareness of emerging technologies and practices to further enhance and/or build new strategic partnerships, in collaboration with other Maersk stakeholders;
• Continuing to mature our contractual relationship framework with suppliers.
• Drive innovation and capability build to make our Technology function more effective and have the kind of strategic impact we aspire to.
In all areas, you will engage closely with the OCTIO teams, procurement, the contract and vendor management specialists, finance as well as widely across the Technology organisation.
You will ensure that the right and relevant delivery models are in place, and that the long-term collaborative relationships are built internally and externally, as it is the only way to succeed in this role.
|Who we are looking for|
|We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:|
• Proven track record of strategic supplier relationship development in a large or medium sized global company. Experience in account management from a large international vendor is a plus, but not a requirement;
• An IT/technology background either through education, experience from a tech company or from working with IT vendor management;
• You have likely had an operational oriented position during your career, however it is paramount that you have been in a strategically oriented role working with IT sourcing strategy for at least 2-3 years;
• A credible and collaborative interpersonal style, cultural awareness and an open mind, as we are a global, diverse organisation;
• Deep knowledge of contracting best practice across all aspects of IT sourcing activity from simple product supply to complex licensing and managed services arrangements;
• Ability to handle complex problems in a structured, fact-based and analytical way, leveraging the strong relationships you will have built;
• Ability to navigate different levels in the organization and handle ambiguity in times of rapid transformation and change;
• Ability to apply sound judgement on when alignment and information sharing is needed, and when it is necessary to move ahead although not all details are in place;
• Financial Acumen and experience in project management practices;
• Fluency in English, while Danish is not required.
You are able to lift the bar and energize people around you. You get things done here and now, as well as have a long-term perspective in mind at all times.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
|>||Last application date: 28 June 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Bruno Palumbo email@example.com.
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|