Test Specialist: Architecture and Integration
|Are you a Test Specialist who can successfully define the end to end service testing and service integration testing strategy for complex projects and services which span multiple platforms? Can you challenge the normal approach and provides alternatives for improvement?|
Can you maintain an “End to End” processing view of the applications, their dependencies, organisational goals and overall technology arenas to enable effective design and delivery of test and assurance practices?
If this sounds like you, then read on....
|An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.|
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
|The Test Architect:|
• Provides technical leadership and strategic direction to the Test and Assurance Team
• Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements to test coverage, execution and automation.
• Has wide reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond test and assurance and spans across the MLIT product development teams
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with all the constituents involved in product development and release activity including release management, test and assurance teams, development, operations, business and systems analysts, program and project management, product owners and others to ensure execution and deliverables per plan.
• Actively participates or leads in the development of test strategies, test estimating, test planning, delivery of all technical test services e.g. environment provisioning and management, automation, performance testing, test data management, service virtualisation.
• Mentors and guides junior staff to build overall capability within the department.
• Involved with understanding business requirements and works with the various stakeholders to translate those requirements in solution designs incorporating testability requirements into the design.
• Analyses products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
• Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. The expectation is that involving a test architect in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes
|Who we are looking for|
|• Expert knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes and practises, tools and techniques|
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important. Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned results are guaranteed almost always.
• Extensive technical skills covering product, technologies are essential, it is not sufficient to be a specialist in any one area or technology.
• Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry
• Ability to strategize and look ahead at the big picture
• Detailed software analysis and design knowledge is needed while also having a solid background in software quality and testing. Must have hands on experience having performed both functional and non-functional testing and can review requirements, design and code as needed.
• Detailed hands on experience covering several the following technical areas with delivery at scale:
- Test Data Management, Test Automation Frameworks, Service Virtualisation, Performance Engineering and Testing, Systems integration, PaaS, IaaS
|>||Last application date: 05 May 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|