Senior Front-End Developer
|Maersk Line are in the process of strengthening its development services organisation with a focus on driving predictability, reduced cost of ownership across and lowering time to value of delivery. |
A need has been identified for an experienced Senior Front-End Developer to support the development of a series of new projects on the latest technologies to help strengthen Maersk’s competitive edge.
The Senior Developer will work closely with the application development and business teams in an energetic and agile environment, and will be involved in the day to day development and design of the applications underlying our shipping operations planning and execution.
|The successful candidate will gain knowledge about the processes around Maersk’s automated development pipeline that moves features onwards from development to production.|
Maersk can offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, working with highly skilled and very motivated technical people which will guarantee a high-paced learning environment with a focus on individual ambitions.
Maersk Headquarters at Esplanaden and the IT Headquarters at Dampfærgevej are highly international and inspiring environments with an attractive value proposition for the employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women.
Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary, pension scheme, insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
You are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre at Esplanaden, as well as a number of other recreational offers.
|The Senior Developer will work in a cross functional agile team, with tasks spanning from code contribution and analysis to active participation in sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.|
Further responsibilities will be the setting and maintaining of high technical standards in projects, along with working closely with the whole agile team to identify risks and drive the development of automated test - including the development of BDD acceptance tests.
• Code contribution to a development pipeline governed by continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) principles
• Supporting the developed features transition though the development pipeline and into the production environment
• Take responsibility for code delivery in a DevOPS organization – and see deliveries from a combined Dev, QA and operation perspective
• Responsible for the quality design (supportable, maintainable, scalable, secure) and implementation of software required to deliver significant business value
• Refinement of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and tasks
• Proactively contribute to continual improvements within the team through both retrospective analysis and cross team communities
• Advisory to product owners to identify and manage risks, issues and opportunities for the system
• May be required to participate in an on-call rotation in periods
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will have solid experience in turning visual designs into rich and well-functioning web applications, which involves architecture experience and the ability to proactively suggest best practice implementations. |
Knowledge and experience creating user interfaces on top of a REST-based service layer, which are constructed as microservices is essential
Strong experience is required in the setting and maintaining of high technical standards in projects, along with being able to understand the business needs and processes, and to create UI with great user experiences when fulfilling these needs.
Must have strong experience with the following:
• Angular CLI
• Unit testing
Experience with the following would be of benefit:
• Angular Material
• ASP.NET Core / Web API
• Azure Cloud
• Source code integration with GIT
From a personal perspective, the role will also require the following:
• Agile and Scrum software development experience
• Fast turnaround development experience (prototyping)
• An understanding of the benefits of automated CI/CD development
• Good experience of continuous delivery pipeline tools like (VSTS/TFS)
• Good verbal communication skills; able to articulate clearly to the technical team members during agile ceremonies and to work with product owners in the refinement of user stories
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to plan tasks and work independently to meet predefined project deadlines and drive tasks to completion
• The ability to effectively express and present ideas/information within the team, both written and spoken in fluent English
As a performance-oriented company, Maersk strives to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. The company is proud of its diversity and sees it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
|>||Last application date: 23 February 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|