|Global Marine Payroll is responsible for the payment of salaries for approximately 11,000 Maersk Group seafarers, along with associated compliance and financial reporting. The operation has sites in UK and Manila.|
The Finance Administrator position reports to the Payroll/Finance Supervisor of Global Marine Payroll. He/she is responsible for processing the payments of salaries of sea staff.
|In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:|
• Systems knowledge
• Complaints Handling
• Communication skills
• Quality reporting
• Knowledge and ability to use Group banking systems
• Knowledge and ability to use SAP
• Exposure to crew management related tasks and dynamic marine HR operations
• Exposure to local and international training requirements for seafarers
• Working in an international environment and building a multi-level network in the global organisation
• Support and control of many stakeholders located globally
• Exposure to and application of PEX methodologies as part of improvement of processes.
|• Reports to a Payroll Supervisor|
• Comply with company policies, ethics and maintain strict confidentiality in all business matters
• Keep Management informed of all current and potential problems and related risks to the company
• Follow and apply new procedures implemented through Audit findings or other like matters
• Ensure progress and constant care, be upright and humble in all matters within area of responsibility
• Ensure deadlines are met and immediately communicate to your Manager if such deadline is not attainable.
• Take initiative for proper and timely action, and active communication with all necessary parties
• In case of absence due to vacation etc., arrange in advance a formal handover to replacement or colleague to ensure continuity of function.
• Ensures accuracy, efficiency and timeliness in the performance of the daily payroll operational responsibilities
• Identify improvements and assist in driving new or changed processes and methods that can improve efficiency, accuracy and credibility of payroll process.
• Monitor & maintain the email queue & requests for vessel cash funding
• Ensure all funding requests & transactions are effected promptly
• Liaise with Port Agents to ensure smooth & efficient transfer of vessel funds
• Payment via Citibank & Double entry bookkeeping in SAP for all AP general ledger postings
• Double entry bookkeeping in SAP for all bank receipts
• Carry out other accounting functions and ad hoc exercises as requested by the Financial assistants
• Processing payments accurately and efficiently
• Dealing with Vendor/Seafarer payment queries & raising administration messages with Citibank
• Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required on behalf of Global Marine Payroll
•Is fully aware of responsibilities and individual contribution to Health, Safety and Welfare Policy.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Minimum of 2 years experience|
• Graduate of Finance/Accounting, preferably Accountancy
• Knowledge of SAP
|>||Last application date: 15 September 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|