|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organization. As Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as take part in the digitization of the transport and logistics industry.|
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
We aim to be a world-class digital industrial that delivers business value turning ideas into prototypes and digital products powered by analytics and customer engagement. In the Digital organisation we are a growing team of more than 10 nationalities.
|• Designing, implementing, deploying, and maintenance of customer-facing analytics products.|
• Converting prototype code and specifications of models into deployable production-grade software.
• Encouraging and advising on good practice in building reliable, scalable applications.
• Collaboration with data science and analytics teams on efficient implementation of statistical models and algorithmic solutions to optimisation and other problems within the shipping industry.
• Collaboration with IT teams on design and implementation of efficient solutions for storing and querying a wide variety of operational data.
• Collaboration with front-end developers on providing effective, intuitive, elegant customer-facing web-based interfaces.
• Collaboration with devops teams on testing, continuous integration and deployment, and monitoring of developed software.
• Advisory role to product teams on design and architecture of software applications, libraries, and components.
• Timely and responsible delivery of solid, dependable products with potential for high impact on the corporate business.
|Who we are looking for|
• At least 7+ years of experience with development of successful products in the industry.
• Masters Degree in Compter Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
• Expertise in at least one compiled programming language (C/C++, Java, Scala, C#, rust, go, haskell, etc) and its development ecosystem (compilers, build tools, testing, logging, debugging, monitoring tools, libraries, etc).
• Expertise in at least one scripting programming language (python, perl, ruby, lua) and its development ecosystem (as above), with focus on libraries for data science, statistics, machine learning, etc.
• Expertise in portable POSIX shell scripting (bash, GNU coreutils).
• Good familiarity with DBMS-related development: proficiency with SQL, experience working with DBAs.
• Good familiarity with web server applications, web protocols, authentication, authorisation.
• Experience with designing microservice architectures, APIs (REST, other), scaling web sites, performance tuning.
• Familiarity with building customer-facing UIs (not a frontend developer role).
• Strong focus on iterative, short step delivery.
• Experience with designing, building, and monitoring cloud-based architectures, deployment to major cloud provider services (AWS, GC, ideally at least basic familiarity with Azure).
• Proven algorithmic problem solving skills.
• Exposure to data science or analytics work, ideally in a mixed-competence team, familiarity with a data science-related programming environment (R, scipy, matlab, mathematica).
• Experience in building and monitoring distributed systems with shared memory and/or message passing concurrency.
• Good social skills, ability to successfully collaborate with people of different personalities and ways of working.