Assistant Production Supervisor
|AberdeenLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-113859|
|Maersk Oil is an agile, medium-sized oil company with the financial might and global network of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world. |
Turning challenging and complex fields into commercial successes has been a cornerstone of our business since the company was founded in 1962 and we now operate in Denmark, Kazakhstan, Qatar and the UK. We also have interests in Algeria, Angola, Brazil, Ethiopia, Greenland, Kenya, Kurdistan, Norway and the USA.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the day-to-day activities and supervision of incident free planning and control of all process and production systems to maximise oil and gas produced volumes. This is carried out in accordance with legislative requirements, company health, safety, environmental, integrity standards and targets.
|A challenging, stimulating working environment with the opportunity for huge personal and business growth alongside a very competitive salary and benefits package. |
This role will be working an equal time rota on a 3:3 basis.
|• To have sufficient understanding of process safety and major accident hazard management to be able to effectively contribute and influence business decisions impacting process safety.|
• Commit to MOUK incident free operations and actively promote within their team.
• Where appropriate, person to provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
• Participate as a member of the Production team in delivering MOUK performance targets.
• Lead, delegate and supervise on site and actively support the production technicians and vendors to ensure that the work carried out is completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
• Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
• Ensure that maintenance activities and investigations are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate and complete plant records and ensure that the data is entered into the appropriate information system.
• Ensure safe and efficient control of work through the use of the Safe Control of / Permit to Work system, including worksite preparation and regular onsite inspections.
• Responsible for management and control of production inhibits and overrides.
• Ensure that high quality standards of housekeeping and cleanliness are maintained within area of responsibility.
• In emergency situations involving production facilities initiate relevant procedures and execute duties as specified in the station bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
• Ensure that adequate stocks of production chemicals are available and that routine sampling and analysis is completed in a timely manner.
• Deputise for Production Supervisor as required.
• Supervise, coach and support direct reports in a professional manner.
• Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
• Commit to MOUK Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for the role.
Decision Making Authority and Accountability (Specific examples of the type of decisions the job holder can make independently and of the areas he/she is ultimately accountable for)
• In accordance with delegation of authority
• Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of production crew, and areas of environment pertaining to their position.
|Who we are looking for|
|• N/SVQ Processing Operations Hydrocarbons Level 3 or equivalent.|
• CRO Controlling Emergencies certificates preferred.
• Experience of offshore operations as a Production Technician and/or Control Room Operator.
• Experience of maintenance scheduling, organising, coordinating and controlling/monitoring work.
• Knowledge of production technical standards, processes and relevant legislation.
• Experience in the administration, control and use of ‘Safe Systems of Work’ (PTW) including permit to work procedures.
• Vendor management experience.
• Ability to create positive relations with peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
• Supervisory, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
|>||Last application date: 30 August 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|