Culzean – Automation System Technician
|AberdeenLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-111259|
|Maersk Oil is an agile, medium-sized oil company with the financial might and global network of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world. |
Turning challenging and complex fields into commercial successes has been a cornerstone of our business since the company was founded in 1962 and we now operate in Denmark, Kazakhstan, Qatar and the UK. We also have interests in Algeria, Angola, Brazil, Ethiopia, Greenland, Kenya, Kurdistan, Norway and the USA.
We are currently looking for an Automation System Technician to provide operational support to Detailed Design and operation phase of Culzean automation system including supporting the development of infrastructure and processes necessary for the star-up and operation of Culzean.
Culzean is a significant central North Sea uHP/HT development with a ubstantial gas production capacity currently under development, with startup of production scheduled for 2019.
|A challenging, stimulating working environment with the opportunity for huge personal and business growth alongside a very competitive salary and benefits package.|
During the detail design phase of the project, the role will be based onshore at various locations including UK, Romania and Singapore. Tasks will include development operation & maintenance procedures, and support testing of automation systems.
During the commissioning phase of the project, the role is to provide support to commissioning of the Culzean. Short term relocation to Singapore is likely prior to the offshore phase. The role will include a offshore rotation to support HUC, production startup and subsequent operations.
|Offshore, the position is responsible for management and execution of all automation system lifecycle activities including maintenance, modification and operation.|
Health and Safety
• Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity.
• To have sufficient understanding of process safety and major accident hazard management to be able to effectively contribute and influence business decisions impacting process safety.
• Where appropriate, position to provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
• Encourage good, open communication promoting involvement, participation and adherence to Maersk values.
• Commit to MOUK incident free operations and actively promote within the team.
• Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
• Raise relevant work permits in a timely manner.
• Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
• Commit to MOUK Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for the role.
Technical (During Project Phase)
• Support the development and implementation of Operational Excellence through integrated operations, using the Culzean Integrated Operations strategy in tandem with Production and Maintenance Excellence tools
• Support integrated operations project team.
• Acquire skillset to operate Onshore Training Simulator (OTS).
• Develop skills and acquire Culzean specific knowledge pertinent to the use and maintenance of installed automation system facilities (AMS, INSIGHT, SIS, PAS, etc).
• Support to the development of integrated maintenance and operation processes utilising intrinsic Automation system capability. Ensure operation readiness for first gas.
• FAT and Pre-commissioning of Automation System. (Emerson DeltaV, Siemens S7, etc)
• Assist with package inspection and interface documentation review.
• Support of development of commissioning activity procedure incorporating the delivery of electronic close-out documentation using Emerson AMS.
• Develop and maintain understanding and competence of Culzean automation system including OEM upgrade and development throughout the system lifecycle.
• Responsible for all remote/wireless devices that are utilised as part of digital operation.
• Provide support to onshore Automation Engineer for the following activities:
• Control loop performance monitoring and tuning.
• All activities from OTS. (i.e. software/database modification to ICSS.UCP, etc)
• Integrated Activity Planning based on automation systems predictive maintenance reporting.
• Equipment failure investigation to ensure the underlying causes of failures are understood.
• SAP for management of all offshore automation activities including vendor support
• Ensure offshore compliance with MOUK PES Procedure (PES: Software change management system)
• Ensure that adequate stocks of automation equipment and materials are maintained
|Who we are looking for|
• [Minimum] Relevant Degree (Honours preference)
• [Minimum] Knowledge of
• [Minimum] Ability to conduct fault finding, installation, isolation and re-instatement on communications, control and instrument systems
- Digital security compliant offshore network configuration and setup (i.e. Fiber-Optic, Wifi, etc)
- Process Control, Fire and Gas detection and ESD systems
- DCS, PLC and SCADA
- Network protocols (including, but not limited to Ethernet, TCP/IP, MODBUS and HART)
- Network diagnostic analysis experience
• [Minimum] Ability to understand alarm messages with regards to instrument / machine’s health
• [Minimum] Emerson DeltaV configuration experience including PAS, SIS and AMS
• [Preference] Experience in the control and use of “Safe Systems of Work” (PTW) including their procedures.
• [Preference] Knowledge of instrument maintenance practices applicable to offshore oil and gas assets associated technical standards and relevant legislation.
• [Preference] Knowledge of SIS lifecycle activities including assurance and verification.
• [Preference] Project experience at the Detailed Design / HUC phases.
• [Minimum] Vendor management experience.
• [Minimum] Supervisory, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
• Ability to manage risk in an effective manner.
• Be action orientated, results driven and able to inspire others.
|>||Last application date: 30 September 2016.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|