Area Airfreight Product Manager (Vietnam/CBO)
|HCMLocal/ExpatSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: DC-105091|
|Position title: Area Airfreight Manager|
Report to: Area Managing Director (Vietnam/Cambodia)
Geographic Scope: Area Vietnam/Cambodia Air
|• A chance to explore your opportunities in one of the world’s fastest growing logistics company. In Damco, we strive to create value for our customers through our global reach and local knowledge. We put our customers first, understand their business, and develop solutions to meet their unique needs by proactively driving improvements and collaborations with our customers.|
• The means of developing yourself into a well-rounded professional and the scale and global scope it takes for you to achieve even your most ambitious career goals.
• A great career path, both for generalists and for specialists in a wide array of fields
|• Expand and explore new market opportunities |
• Accountable to manage, develop and expand the Airfreight business, providing direction and leadership to ensure profitable growth with satisfactory cash flow
• Ensure all regional and area policies and procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to
• Design monthly management report that will communicate key successes/challenges to Area and CEN management team and broader business.
• Establish and maintain relationship with airlines and other subcontractors to support our service.
• Manage airfreight operations to ensure error-free service and most efficient operation.
• Perform sales management function to ensure attainment of sales/marketing objective.
• Establish and maintain good rapport with key customers for their continuous support.
Acquire the lowest airfreight cost from various sources.
• Identify potential market and develop corresponding strategic marketing plan.
• Motivate and coach local Airfreight teams to achieve the target set.
• Seek opportunities, initiate new strategies including developing team performance to be able to compete with competitors.
• Eliminates identified problems both internal and external to get the job done effectively.
• Create positive work atmosphere.
• Manage and monitor the team performance and initiate corrective action to resolve the hindrance.
• Work closely with other departments to achieve synergy of cooperation among business units.
|Who we are looking for|
|• • At least 8 years of experience in management level in airfreight industry.|
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Be able to work independently. Self-motivated and objective-oriented person.
• Strong leadership, communication ability. Sound interpersonal skill.
• Willing to travel within the Area
• Effective change agent with the ability to adjust change approach based on circumstances.
• Participate in appropriated airlines activities.
• Regularly visit airlines Cargo Manager or General Manager to establish good relationship with all airlines.
• Visit key customers on regular basis to ensure optimum satisfaction is attained.
• Build up strong network with other players, airlines and agents so that we can offer the best service in airfreight business.
• Working with the team to initiate the best working strategies.
• Working closely with agents and airlines to get the best possible cost.
• Visit SCM and local customers and potential customers to generate airfreight volume.
• Set up, manage and provide support to airport operation office.
• Monitor work performance of each section closely and regularly.
• Report superior statistics and work progress or any other important information that affect our business.
• Nominate appropriate staff for training course to develop airfreight personnel.
|>||Last application date: 23 May 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|damco.com||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|