Marine Manager - Operations
|MumbaiLocalShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: AP-099369|
|As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.|
|• Managing the day-to-day planning and operation of the team to meet the required service level agreements, standards, and targets. Planning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing the work of the team.|
• Drive the continuous improvement mindset on all VAS related processes. Ensure internal processes are being analyzed continuously to identify possibilities for improvement and ensure full
implementation in consultation with PEX Business Partners. Responsible on delivering improvement projects that will result into financial savings. Facilitate process analysis and workflow that will lead to improvements in the process or development of automation projects
• Developing the team to ensure delivery of a consistently superior customer experience by highly knowledgeable and customer-focused staff. Do performance monitoring and review, coaching and feedback. Training and development of staff. Motivating leadership and developing future leaders. Conducting performance appraisal for the team. Responsible for making decisions on training requirement for team members and adjusting targets to suit the needs of the business. Assist in selection and hiring of right personnel for the team. Facilitate and conduct induction and familiarization training.
• Supervise Documents and records management. Maintains and process records such as time and leave records, personnel forms, purchase requisitions and orders and others specific to the team manager.
• Creating reports on team’s performance and customer feedback.
• Maintaining a close and highly responsive relationship with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Managing new businesses or process migration by observing compliance to the migration governance; Agree on FTE targets and KPIs with Business Partners; Overseeing the complete migration management, including Project Management, work shadowing planning up to Hyper-care period; Ensuring consistent and stable performance levels during migration phase in line with defined targets; Establishing an end to end performance measures in
collaboration with Business Partners to capture end felt customer experience; Maintaining and reviewing SLAs; Drive process continuous improvement; Identify success factors, root causes
of issues, improvement opportunities, and facilitate performance improvements.
• Responsible for performance management such as objective and target setting, continuous follow-up, and recognition & consequences, developing leaders and other support;Team resource allocation.
• Perform different reports such as staff file report, head count and work station file report, shift plan report and performance report.
• Ensure management of changes and risk assessment plans are implemented within these areas; responsible for the implementation of corrective and preventive actions related to tasks issues or audit findings; follow-up on action plans to findings and analyse,
incorporate the actions plans in the corrective and preventive actions. Lead and conduct and/or support pre-audit of the team prior audits from the respective Business Partners.
• Keep abreast of HSSE (MARPOL, ISPS, ISM, ISO14001, etc) related legislation internationally as well as locally including relevant Insurance laws. Liaise with different regulatory bodies to gather more info as maybe necessary.
• Be knowledgeable about customer’s requirements, objectives and strategy.
• Review the technical content of the updated procedure made by colleagues if applicable, as a quality check.
• Maintaining project schedules of work assigned to staff and monitoring and tracking progress of assigned projects; following up to obtain status report and; preparing summaries of project status for review by the team manager.
• Monitor progress for Twist Lock Project.
|Who we are looking for|
|• The person is analytic, set ambitious goals, acts on his/her own initiative and enjoys having a direct impact on the field she/he feels passionate about.|
• Proficient in verbal and written English; Highly attentive to details and can thrive on driving into the wordings of various acts.
• Able to build a strong collaborative network and communicate effectively to all levels and functions as may be necessary.
• Possess either management experience or leadership potential and high level of cultural awareness.
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines.
• Good in customer service/complaints management.
• Good stakeholder management; Experienced in dealing with maritime authorities or something
• Awareness of the legal aspects of contracts and knowledge related to HSSE laws.
• Preference will be given to seafarers mainly Navigators
• Ability to read, understand and produce technical documentation.
• Has a clear understanding of the commercial implications of vessel technical operations, preferably with a maritime background (i.e. 2nd mate with Chief officer Certificate
For further information, please contact: .
|maersk.com||Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.|