|Maersk Oil is an agile, medium-sized oil company with the financial might and global network of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world. |
Turning challenging and complex fields into commercial successes has been a cornerstone of our business since the company was founded in 1962 and we now operate in Denmark, Kazakhstan, Qatar and the UK. We also have interests in Algeria, Angola, Brazil, Ethiopia, Greenland, Kenya, Kurdistan, Norway and the USA.
We are currently looking for a Senior Economist to assist with the delivery of our corporate strategy.
We offer a challenging, stimulating working environment with the opportunity for huge personal and business growth.
|Salary: circa £50,000 - £55,000 based on experience. |
|Provide comprehensive portfolio planning and business analysis service necessary to support strategic development of UKCS business consistent with local and corporate strategies. |
• Collate / review / discuss relevant input data and assumptions necessary for undertaking required strategic planning / portfolio management and business analysis. Use sound judgement and experience to evaluate validity of data. Check for reasonableness and verify for internal consistency. Manipulate data using database or spreadsheet capabilities to produce data that can be readily utilised for subsequent analysis.
• Undertake required analysis in a timely manner. Ensure that such analysis is comprehensive and considers all relevant scenarios, options, sensitivities and risks. Use personal judgement and experience to determine same. Such economic / business analysis may be undertaken by a variety of means including use of Palantir software; detailed spreadsheet modelling; extensive use of 3rd party tools (e.g. WoodMac GEM, Pathfinder, Petroview) as well as internet research, etc. Work collaboratively across the organisation to maintain complete “buy-in”.
• Liaise with all relevant departments / personnel to ensure asset or area plans are aligned with strategic objectives.
• Prepare relevant output (memos; reports; presentations; summary briefing papers) which can communicate effectively the results of such analysis and which clearly demonstrate underlying issues; key driving factors; potential outcomes; output sensitivities; conclusions; recommendations; risk profiles, etc. Present such findings internally to senior management locally and in Head Office.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Comprehensive understanding of upstream E&P industry, particularly as applied in the UKCS. Understands the significance of strategic drivers / direction of a company.|
• Practical experience in a Financial planning / portfolio management role together with the application of comprehensive range of economic evaluation / business analysis techniques widely used within the industry. Demonstrates full understanding of relevant fiscal arrangements.
• Highly numerate with ability to manipulate large volumes of data. Must be highly proficient in Excel.
• Must have extensive experience of using economic software packages PalantirCash PalantirPlan and PalantirDataflow.
• Ability to use (or learn rapidly) specialist packages such as GeoEx, GEM, GIS, Petroview, pathfinder, etc.
• Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills. Comfortable dealing with colleagues from other disciplines.
• Flexible approach with ability to work unsupervised.
• Able to prepare comprehensive written and verbal reports and presentations as required. Must be able to make the complex appear simple! (i.e. filter and distil complex issues to emphasise and clarify key points).
• Applicants should be degree qualified in Oil & Gas Management/Economics
|>||Last application date: 13 January 2016.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|