|Hidd, BahrainLocalTerminal Operations/Engineering||Ref.: AT-087026|
- Responsible for leading the maintenance team on shift ensuring compliance with all maintenance plans and prioritizing on shift of breakdown repairs.
- Provides input for effective maintenance and repair of all equipment including first line Root Cause Analysis of equipment failures.
- Accountable for ensuring work productivity on the shift.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Indefinite period employment opportunity
- An open and engaging working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Improve system & process knowledge
- Drive the performance of the staff on shift to ensure compliance of maintenance schedules and minimize breakdown time of equipment.
- Ensure quality all works conducted on equipment during the shift be it preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, breakdown, condition based maintenance or any such category of work type as required to ensure equipment up time.
- Assist the EMR Manager in setting objectives for subordinated positions.
- Expected to constantly strive to improve existing work processes, methods and improve technical efficiency of machinery & equipment.
- The position is complex, having impact on operational and financial dimensions.
- Responsible for the effective daily operation of all machinery and equipment.
- Supports the EMR Manager in providing the direction for the maintenance team, supporting that productivity and efficiency standards are met in line with terminal KPO’s.
- Sets goals and objectives for maintenance staff.
- Analyses equipment performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Uphold good communications throughout technical group and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Supports technical training for technical department by knowledge sharing and on the job technical learning on the shift.
- Provides reliable service to operations group, ensuring equipment is in a state of readiness, well-maintained, and preventative maintenance and parts availability.
- Works closely with the HSSE team to ensure compliance of all equipment is in a safe working conditions and that all safety devices are in place and fully functional.
- Assist the EMR Manager in providing supervision and direction for the Technical Department.
- Back-up the inventory control system to ensure that necessary spare parts are immediately available.
- Controls works carried out by outsourced workshops and service providers.
- Oversees machinery design modification, in order to improve productivity, safety & efficiency.
- Observe provisions of the labour regulations, relevant HSSE policy & procedures, terminal rules and contribute to the continual improvement process.
- Provide full support to all terminal continuous improvement initiatives including Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
|Who we are looking for|
- Minimum college degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 5 years in related position in ports industry with specific focus in container handling cranes and equipment.
- Advanced working knowledge of terminal maintenance practices and principles. Specific working knowledge of support equipment, cranes, and power generation is required.
- Extensive knowledge of general HSSE rules and regulations, especially related to equipment maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of IT, especially MS Office applications and IFS.
- Proven interpersonal and people management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of PLCs, drives, automation systems , generators and other electrical components.
- Fair knowledge of Mechanical filed “ Hydraulic system , Diesel engines , cranes wire ropes system & crane structure.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
|apmterminals.com||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|