Head of Technical - SVITZER ASIA
|SingaporeLocalShip Management/Shipping Offshore Operations||Ref.: SV-086321|
|Are you looking for the next challenge in your career? |
Our newest region in the SVITZER Group (SVITZER ASIA) is looking for highly skilled Technical Manager to lead our Technical Function in the region. The Technical Department is responsible for the management of all operated vessels, ensuring compliance with latest industry standards and demands.
Svitzer Asia currently operates around 14 vessels (tug boats and related vessels) throughout Singapore, Russia and China and are looking to expand/grow our activities in this promising market.
|While working for SVITZER you will be part of an environment where you experience a general willingness to innovate, contribute ideas and solve many professional challenges in a dynamic and exciting environment.|
You will be working with the best tools and technology there is along with a team of highly professional and engaged colleagues. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a results driven and aggressive mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves on treating each other with respect and see our diversity as a genuine competitive advantage.
|Assist the Regional COO to manage and deliver the technical strategy within the Asia region including vessels maintenance and repair, docking, classification and engineering standards.|
Your main tasks will be:
- With vessel reliability as a mantra, oversee the technical facet of the AMEA region fleet.
- Ensure that adequate resources exist to handle all work such as planned maintenance, dry docking and new building.
- On a regular basis, visit all operations to ensure that the standard of the maintenance is in line with the vessel availability schedule.
- Implement and maintain repair and maintenance procedures and systems for Company owned equipment with an aim of improving reliability, identifying trends and establishing root causes behind equipment failure.
- To ensure the technical function remains proactive in terms of maintenance philosophy and determining the appropriate M&R philosophy for different situations.
- Ensure the identification, risk assessment and mitigation of critical equipment in all vessels / operations.
- Assisting in the business development function by way of the investigation and analysis of new projects from a technical perspective including in country visits, repair facility assessments and logistical assessments of conducting business in often remote and developing countries.
- Recruit, train and assist in the motivation of all technical field staff so as to ensure the highest standards at all times – defining from a technical perspective ‘What Good Looks Like’.
- To standardise procedures and documentation within the technical area to align with industry and Class best practice and SVITZER HMS guidelines under OVMSA.
- Sign off and approval of M&R budgets, including capex requests for dry docking, driving cost awareness and ‘TCO’ of the technical function within the region.
- Assist to analyse trends and benchmark performance of vessel assets to optimise, identify and record statistics for competitive advantage and operational improvement. Ensuring the useful capture of data amongst the region.
|Who we are looking for|
|Required/Preferred Education |
- Formal Quality qualifications preferred
- Degree level education preferred
- STCW II/2 Engineer Certificate or experienced Chief Engineer min <6000kw
Training and Competencies
- Prior experience of managing technical excellence of tug-boats or OSV/AHTS vessels will be given special preference.
- Experience in conducting FMECA and developing corresponding planned maintenance critical spares philosophies.
- Experience in managing and motivating International Crews of varying capabilities and competence.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining OVMSA and ISM.
- Strong people and process management and an ability to influence across a broad and dynamic region, effecting positive change and results.
- Operating experience in higher rank marine environment.
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- Knowledge of IT applications, MS Office (proficient user in Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Resilient, pro-active, self-starter, team player
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize
- Work well under pressure, often under tight deadlines, retain sense of humour
- Good communication skills, able to act with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills essential
- Flexible team player used to working in multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated commitment to service provision in a professional environment
- Strong self-management and organization skills
- Ability to travel extensively and be away from home for lengthy periods of time, experience working in remote and developing regions
- Mandarin or Bahasa language skills a benefit
|>||Last application date: 20 October 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|svitzer.com||For more than 175 years, Svitzer has been providing customised marine services to clients worldwide. Our diverse and purpose built fleet of 400+ vessels operates in more than 40 countries, providing tailored solutions in harbour, terminal and offshore towage as well as in salvage operations. The cornerstone of our business is an unconditional respect for each other and the world we live in. To achieve this, Svitzer sets the highest standards of training and knowledge in our industry, and encourages a culture of safety, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst its employees. We stand ready to provide safety and support at sea.|