Customer Service Rep - Canada
|MississaugaLocalCustomer Service||Ref.: ML-084595|
|Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.|
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service team in Canada based in Mississauga, Ontario.
|Maersk Line Branch Canada offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our current and new customers. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, such as health and dental insurance, a company savings plan, a company pension plan, and paid time off. We offer an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team.|
|As part of Customer Service Team, coordinate the Export/Import process to ensure customer satisfaction by providing quality customer service and information, processing customer orders, and resolving customer issues, while complying with company directives as well as local, national and international labor and transportation laws. |
- Coordinate the movement of Export/Import cargo for the ports.
- Answer all customer inquiries regarding Export/Import cargo, facilitate resolution , and follow-through to resolve related issues.
- Process customer orders and maintain data in internal systems.
- Monitor government holds of cargo to ensure compliance and timely management from government agencies, Maersk entities and customers.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information.
- Manage business-related communications and provide timely responses.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, vendors and agencies including sales, line management, dispatch, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external agencies as needed such as third party terminals, freight forwarders, etc.
- Meet deadlines with a sense of urgency, using time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Work flexible hours from 7am to 7pm, including some weekends and holidays as needed.
- Comply with all applicable Federal and Provincial safety and transportation laws and regulations.
- Perform additional job related duties as directed.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate must possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition, and integrity. Excellent communication (both verbal & written English), interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills.|
- 1 – 2 years of functional experience in Customer Service (retail, sales, call center, etc.)
- 1 – 2 years experience in transportation is highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with a general proficiency in computer systems
- University degree is preferred; Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required
- French language skills (both verbal & written) are a plus
|maerskline.com||Local candidates only; you must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada.|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|