|Maersk Oil's Headquarters in Copenhagen are looking for a Senior Economist with experience of production sharing contracts and commercial contract negotiations. |
|An excellent opportunity to develop and enhance your specialist skills in major project economics and business analysis. |
As a senior member of Maersk Oil’s commercial team you will play a leading role in flagship projects, interfacing with a number of key stakeholders in a number of disciplines across the business.
You will play a key role in leading economic frame sessions to identify key decision criteria, options, metrics and sensitivities as well as advise commercial, asset operations, development and exploration staff on how opportunities can be optimised for value.
|Reporting to the Head of Economics, your key focus will be on:|
• Delivering high quality asset / business development economics that properly reflect business opportunities
• Determining the strategic fit of investment opportunities and their underlying assumptions
• Economic Assurance through the developing processes and procedures for global economics community
• Ensuring value of business opportunities is reflected in the economics analysis for Commercial Negotiations, Investment Proposals, decision gates, Near Field Exploration projects, asset commercial and Acquisition and Divestment work.
• Framing and Modelling: Build stand-alone and integrated economic models using Excel or PalantirCash, including portfolio modelling.
• Delivery of key valuation results acting as leading Senior Economist for PSC fiscal regimes in Maersk Oil
• Coach and mentor junior economist and lead independent economics peer reviews for junior staff across our locations
|Who we are looking for|
|• Strong understanding of economic value drivers, understanding of the common fiscal regimes (production sharing contracts, tax royalty regimes, service contracts and buy-backs), Upstream Oil and Gas industry experience with a minimum of 5 years’ proficiency as a Petroleum Economist|
• Able to move freely between tax-royalty and PSC regimes, apply knowledge for new country entries involving integrated value chain of exploration and Maersk Group elements
• Understanding of economic evaluation / business analysis techniques, key metrics and ways to present risk and uncertainty / what if scenarios, bid curves, return on investment/acquisition metrics for BD opportunities
• Understanding key aspects of relevant fiscal arrangements for A&D opportunities
• Highly numerate, with ability to manipulate large volumes of data. Can quickly build high quality models in Excel and have working proficiency in PalantirCash, Palantir Plan and Palantir Financials.
• Good interpersonal skills: proactive in approach and comfortable working with colleagues across disciplines
|>||Last application date: 07 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|