Project: Lead Planning Engineer
|This Project Services Team opportunity is calling for a highly experienced and motivated Lead Planning Engineer, with a strong background in Integrated Project Planning processes at the end of Select and during Define & Execute stages of both major Single and Integrated Projects with Sub-Projects. Importantly with demonstrable experience in ‘Upstream’ Offshore Oil & Gas Projects, with major Greenfield, Brownfield and Integration into existing Assets / Operations experience, and a strong understanding/ integration with; Asset Reference Plans, Shutdown Plans, Maintenance Plans and Supply Chain Management Plans. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing the role and their Integrated Project Team (Project Planning), through Pre-FEED, and on Project Sanction, the EXECUTE and SUPPORT & CLOSE-OUT Stages of a major complex Field Development Plan.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. |
Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Lead Planning Engineer will ensure collaboration, integration and alignment for all Planning and Scheduling aspects of the project. |
Through Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Planning Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the definition, preparation, consistency and quality of the following;
• Integrated Project Plan (updated Per Project Stage).
• Project Planning Process / Flowchart.
• Schedule Hierarchy.
• Project Management Schedule (Level 1).
• Integrated Master Schedule (Level 2).
• Detailed sub-project Schedules (Level 3).
• Detailed Contractor Control Schedules (Level 4).
• Work Lists and Job Packs (Level 5).
• Procedure for Interfacing with other Planning Functions in the BU and Corporate.
• Progress Management and Reporting.
|Who we are looking for|
|• A bachelor’s degree, in Project Management, Construction or Engineering from an accredited university preferred. Equivalent project experience will be taken into consideration.|
• Advanced user of Primavera 6.
• A minimum of 15 years hand on project planning and associated experience working within the Oil & Gas Industry.
• A minimum of 8 years hands on Primavera Enterprise Environment experience
• At least 5 years’ experience as Lead Planning Engineer
• Candidates applying for this role shall have a proven track record working on large scale offshore Greenfield and Brownfield projects where they have been responsible for the successful delivery of an ‘integrated’ Master level 3 plans, too Level 4 for sub-project schedules, and managing the plan’s during project execution to delivery on a multi-EPC/EPIC package basis.
• Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction and start-up work processes for FEED and EPC projects.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor staff in the science of schedule analysis, earned value analysis and schedule forecasts.
•Ability to communicate and articulate complex issues.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|