Projects: Lead CPF Process Engineer
|The Lead Central Processing Facilities (CPF) Process Engineer will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility, within the defined decision space and direction from the overall project Lead Process Engineer, and they will play a critical role in driving the execution of the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define stages, for Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation Platforms, Subsea Pipelines, Brownfield Tie-ins, ITT Packages for FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective.|
The Lead CPF Process Engineer will be instrumental in the formation and efficient operation of the project Central Processing Facilities Process Engineering team and will be responsible for setting direction and maintaining progress across all Process Engineering work fronts.
Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead CPF Process Engineer shall, through his team, be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, and assurance to the integrated project team. The Lead CPF Process Engineer shall apply a common and consistent design approach and work collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, such that all project deliverables are in compliance with the relevant Maersk Oil and international standards.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through a line-of-sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Process Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to: |
• Drive an Incident Free environment through establishing a strong safety culture within the Process Engineering discipline
• Supporting the transition from the conceptual selection phase to FEED and beyond, including set up and on-going management of the project Process Engineering team from a mix of internal and external recruits.
• Playing a key role in the tender processes for various project FEED and EPIC activities.
• Provision of technical direction, innovation and excellence through all project phases.
• Setting direction, creating and executing work plans, and managing resources for the Process Engineering scope.
• Representing Maersk Oil and the project to stakeholders including senior business unit and corporate management, third-party contractors, and national oil company representatives.
• Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Process Design Philosophies, P&IDs, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
• Drive the Process Engineering team to successful execution of all process engineering activities, including:
o Execution of process engineering studies.
o Production of philosophies and design basis documents.
o Production and regular update of key process engineering deliverables and simulation models according to project plan.
o Perform periodic offshore inspection visits in relation to the design of offshore modifications and tie-in of new facilities.
o Development of Functional Design Specifications and Functional System Specifications for the FDP packages.
o Review of third-party, detailed design engineering drawings, vendor documentation and other technical documents to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design objectives.
o Response to technical queries from vendors and contractors, from other Company departments and from national oil company representatives.
o Assistance as required to ensure efficient handling of as-built updates.
o Review and development of commissioning procedures and operating procedures for new facilities.
o Office- and site-based support to construction, commissioning and start up project phases, including technical and safety audits and technical assistance.
o Provides expert/consultancy service to other engineers/users and approves designs for modifications and/or requests for process engineering support;
o Is accountable for providing Quality Assurance, design from manufacturability and sustainability, as well as process and product improvement to obtain optimum product quality, reliability, safety, and effectiveness;
• Coordinate and participate in process safety related reviews (HAZOP, HAZID).
• Ensure that in all matters safety, economical and technical assessments are made, due diligence is observed and initiative taken to secure best-in-class results.
• Actively monitor work progress such that risks and problem areas are identified, reported and solutions identified.
• Bring forward suggestions for improvements in time and cost within the areas of responsibility.
• Identify areas of technical innovation that can improve Company safety, profitability or reliability.
• Establish and maintain a talent pipeline for developing and mentoring both national and non-national process engineers through our MITAS graduate programme and National Development Committee.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Process Engineer, with a recognised degree in Chemical Engineering and experience in the definition and design of both brownfield and greenfield offshore oil & gas facilities. |
The ideal candidate will:
o Possess a minimum of 15-20 years’ of relevant oil and gas industry experience in process engineering, preferably with at least 5 years demonstrable success in a lead role.
o Possess a safety oriented mindset and have prior experience in environments where Incident Free operations are treated with utmost priority.
o Have strong knowledge of the fundamentals of offshore process and utility system design and preferably have past experience in the area of central processing platform process design and Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) methods.
o Have strong capability in conceptual design of both Greenfield and Brownfield developments, including budget and schedule estimation, installation implications and integration issues.
o Possess a sound understanding and knowledge of current versions of applicable codes, standards and design guidelines.
o Have a good understanding of the latest technology advances in offshore process engineering and remote applications.
o Have demonstrated experience at a responsible level in multidiscipline design reviews (layout reviews, HAZOPs, etc.).
o Be a team player showing individual initiative, responsibility and integrity, and a high level of decision making with their allocated decision space.
o Have excellent teamwork skills and be able to work with various stakeholders to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of delivering development projects.
o Experience in engineering management at area lead, lead engineer, project engineer or study manager level and previous exposure to stage gate project delivery would be considered an advantage.
o Have experience in managing interfaces, internal and external, focusing on quality output and timely delivery.
o Proven exposure to the operational aspect of the industry would be a strong advantage.
o Have excellent computer skills, in particular MS Office and proficient in the use of industry standard engineering applications (e.g. Hysys).
o Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written – effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures.
o Ability to effectively represent Maersk Oil Qatar externally to clients, industry peers, vendors and consultants, and other Maersk Oil business units.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|