Projects: Lead Wellhead Process Engineer
|Maersk Oil is looking for a Lead Process Engineer who will play a critical role in driving the execution of the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define/Execute stages for Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation Platforms, Subsea Pipelines, Brownfield Tie-ins, ITT Packages for FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective. The Lead Process Engineer shall also be the primary, Qatar-based, technical reference for process-related issues during the construction, installation and commissioning phases, and shall play a key role in providing technical support to the startup teams.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Lead Wellhead Process Engineer will be instrumental in the formation and efficient operation of the project Process Engineering team and will be responsible for setting direction and maintaining progress across all Process Engineering work fronts.|
Through a line-of-sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Process Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Supporting the transition from the concept selection phase to FEED and beyond, including set up and on-going management of the project Process Engineering team from a mix of internal and external recruits.
• Provision of technical direction, innovation and excellence through all project phases from concept select through to start up.
• Setting direction, creating and executing work plans, and managing resources for the Process Engineering scope.
• Representing Maersk Oil and the project to stakeholders including senior business unit and corporate management, third-party contractors, and national oil company representatives.
• Coordinate and participate in process safety related reviews (HAZOP, HAZID).
• Ensure that in all matters safety, economical and technical assessments are made, due diligence is observed and initiative taken to secure best-in-class results.
• Actively monitor work progress such that risks and problem areas are identified, reported and solutions identified.
• Bring forward suggestions for improvements in time and cost within the areas of responsibility.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Wellhead Process Engineer, with a recognised degree in Chemical Engineering and experience in the definition and design of both brownfield and greenfield offshore oil & gas facilities. |
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a minimum of 15 years’ of relevant oil and gas industry experience in process engineering, preferably with at least 5 years demonstrable success in a lead role.
• Possess a safety oriented mind-set and have prior experience in environments where Incident Free operations are treated with utmost priority.
• Have strong knowledge of the fundamentals of offshore process and utility system design.
• Have a good understanding of the latest technology advances in offshore process engineering and remote applications.
• Have demonstrated experience at a responsible level in multidiscipline design reviews (layout reviews, HAZOPs, etc.).
• Have experience in managing interfaces, internal and external, focusing on quality output and timely delivery.
• Proficient in the use of industry standard engineering applications (e.g. Hysys).
• Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written – effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|