Projects: Senior Project Surveyor
|Maersk Oil is looking for a Senior Project Surveyor to manage and supervise the survey and positioning aspects a major MOQ development project according to Company Core Values whilst ensuring alignment with the Maersk Oil Geomatics Discipline Charter.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|To provide consultancy services, expert technical advice and be the focal point of all survey and positioning activities of the FDP2014 Project. Close association and continual liaison with the Project Team is imperative.|
The position holder will be accountable for the preparation and subsequent technical clarification of all project survey and position related tenders along with work scopes and relevant MO technical specifications, planning, delivery, budgeting and technical assurance of the contracted survey activities and the quality of the resulting data, charting and reporting products.
• Ensure all technical and business objectives are met and that the survey and positioning activities are completed safely and within budget.
• Disseminate all final survey documentation to the end users and manage the collation with as built information and the archiving process.
• Monitor survey and positioning contractor’s activities to ensure optimum equipment utilization and industry standard survey practices are being followed.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Proficiency in written and spoken technical English.|
• Proven organisational and collaboration skills and the ability to work in a high pressure support function.
• Is able to build personal networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
• Has a proactive approach to ongoing activities and the ability to adapt to challenges to achieve the best possible results.
• Can engage with, influence and manage stakeholders at all levels.
• Proven experience of introducing improvements to processes and ways of working.
• Demonstrable project management skills.
• Is proficient at developing pre-qualification documentation, tenders, policies, technical standards, and technical work scopes.
• Understands the management of geospatial and geo-referenced data in E&P business processes.
• Strong computer and IT literacy to include MS Office and a thorough understanding of the value of AutoCAD and ARC GIS, for mapping and management of geospatial and geo-referenced data.
• Thorough understanding of survey data
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|