|This role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and oversee the support for daily operational activities of IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.|
|•An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.|
•Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
•Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
•Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
|1.Provides the leadership and direction of the IT department. This includes, but is not limited to, the following managerial responsibilities:|
• Recruit, interview and select candidates for open positions within the department.
• Provide instruction and development for existing incumbents in the department.
• Set goals and objectives and measure performance. Complete timely performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend appropriate salary increases, and reclassifications when appropriate.
• Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
2. Recommends budget requirements, establish budget guidelines, and operate within the designated, approved budget.
3. Interacts with vendors and external support organizations, to optimize quality support to maintain operational systems. Contacts software vendors to obtain specifications, pricing and other purchase related information needed to guide departments in their selection of software. Negotiates site licenses and coordinates volume purchase arrangements.
4. Advises other stake holders on their information systems and technology needs, explaining technical areas and providing the assistance and guidance necessary in order to make informed decisions.
5. Seeks and maintain up-to-date information and knowledge in the information technology field so that management can be advised appropriately. Seek out best industry practices to ensure continuous improvement in the IT area.
6. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the IT Department including such things as:
• Providing technical assistance to users.
• Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of software and hardware.
• Maintaining Helpdesk system for all issues and provide consistent support as per SLA.
• Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
• Provides network support, installing networked application software, granting access to users, creating user groups, etc.
7. Implements and update IT SOP’s and Procedures regularly.
8. Designs and implements new technologies to improve efficiency of operations and enhance User satisfaction.
|Who we are looking for|
• Bachelor of Science/ Engineering degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited university. Advance degree in management, such as an MBA, highly desirable.
• Requires at least five years of managerial/project management experience in an IT Infrastructure setting, preferably in a port industry, medium to large organization or related business.
• In addition, must have approximately ten years overall experience in computer science applications, preferably within the industry or related business.
• Knowledge on operating system such as Navis Sparcs, Express is for this position is preferred.
• Extensive experience required in Lan & Wan Environment, Windows, HP-Unix, San Storage, Oracle & SQL databases, Internet technologies and ERP application such as IFS.
• Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users. Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
• Requires strong project management skills when leading a major software/hardware implementation.
• Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
• MCSE, CCNE, Oracle DBA certifications will be an added advantage.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
• Requires excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
• Requires advanced level verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
• Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data, and Excel spreadsheet proficiency.
• Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
• Must be able to prepare PowerPoint presentations.
• Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
• Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
Equipment and Applications:
• Must be able to use required Hardware & software effectively
• Must be able to use presentation materials effectively.
|>||Last application date: 15 February 2015.|
|apmterminals.com||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|