Head of Production Operations
|AktauLocal/InternationalShipping Operations||Ref.: MO-038193|
|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is looking for a Head of Production Operations for our head office in Aktau.|
|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan offers a strong technical, as well as challenging environment that provides an excellent opportunity to take part in growing the business. Maersk Oil Kazakhstan is currently executing the significant Dunga Phase II project, including drilling 198 wells and expansion of facilities and infrastructure in the Dunga field located 50 km north of Aktau.|
As part of the executive leadership team, and reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the production operations activities, including production and maintenance activities in the office and the field.
Our vision is to become incident-free, providing a safe work place for all our employees and contractors, including occupational safety and process safety. We are driven by production excellence and have initiated maintenance excellence roll-out.
The job offers an opportunity to work with the establishment of effective global systems within a committed team, shaping best practices throughout the organisation by interacting with all functions and support-functions.
As Head of Production Operations, you will have direct personal impact on Maersk Oil Kazakhstan’s safety and production performance as well as high exposure to Maersk Oil Kazakhstan’s leadership team and Corporate offices.
We offer a strong value based working environment, based on closed collaboration and team work across the functions, with a strong performance drive to deliver on our commitments.
The residential position is located in Aktau, Kazakhstan. We offer family status terms on attractive terms, including relocation to Aktau.
|• Manage, coordinate and drive production operations and maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner, including planned field shutdowns|
• Drive incident-free behaviours and results amongst employees and contractors
• Work in close cooperation with other functions in Maersk Oil Kazakhstan to deliver on our Business Performance Contract
• Deliver reliable operations and sustainable business through the organization in the office and field, consisting of 230 employees
• OPEX and manpower budget within area of production operations
• As part of the project maturation process, ensure operational readiness of new facilities before handover and start-up
• Liaise with relevant authority bodies, hereunder ensure relevant authority inspections are executed and findings closed out to the satisfaction of all parties; and ensure required permits, approvals, licenses, etc. are in place to maintain uninterruptible production operations
• Embedment of the Operations Excellence program, including Production Excellence, Maintenance Excellence, Operations Standards and Competency Assurance
• Sponsor for process safety implementation in Maersk Oil Kazakhstan, considering the integrity of our facilities through design, operations and maintenance, and ensuring that process safety is at the heart of the organization, by implementing world-class standards in process safety management and operational thinking
• Liaise with Corporate functions and other Maersk Oil Business Units in the development and implementation of safe and efficient global processes
|Who we are looking for|
|• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of Bachelors’ degree or equivalent, within relevant engineering discipline|
• Fluent spoken and written English, familiarity with Russian is a plus
• + 10 years track-record in the upstream oil and gas industry, preferably with frontline experience from operated assets, including demonstrated experience working with occupational/process safety and production performance activities
• A strong leader with analytic capability and associated problem solving skills
• Ability to critique generally accepted ways of working and, lead dialogue with the business to deliver solutions to bring new concepts to enhance organizational capability
• Strong communication and presentation skills (both verbally and written)
• High level of personal integrity
• Strong stakeholder management abilities, both internal and external, to develop positive working relationships (team player) and ability to lead cross functional teams
• A results driven individual that can follow through until desired results are achieved
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is owned by Maersk Olie og Gas AS, Denmark, a company in the A.P. Moller Maersk Group. Maersk Olie og Gas AS is an international upstream oil company, with extensive operations in Denmark, Germany, Qatar, UK, Norway, Angola, Algeria, Brazil, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and US Gulf of Mexico. Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH operates the Dunga Field in Mangistau Oblast. For further information about the A. P. Moller – Maersk Group and Maersk Oil see www.maersk.com and www.maerskoil.com|
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|