Projects: Environmental Lead Specialist
|Embedded within the Integrated Project Team with a direct reporting line to Head of Project HSE, the Project Environmental Specialist will be Responsible for developing the Environmental Management Plan with respect to policy, standards, and procedures as they apply to the project scope, and obtain all relevant permits and consents required for the different aspects and stages of the project.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Project Environmental Specialist will be the authoritative lead on environmental matters associated with definition, planning, design, engineering and construction of a sizeable offshore oil and gas project in Qatar; and secure permit approval from relevant environmental authorities. Additional duties but not limited to are;|
• Work closely with Project Design, Engineering, and Construction Teams to:
• Ensure environmental considerations, principles and MOQ / regulatory requirements are embedded into their activities and deliverables.
• Satisfy environmental approval processes and schedules.
• processes and procedures for effective identification and control of environmental risks, such as Project Environment Strategy, Philosophies, Management Plan, Waste Minimisation and Management Plans, Emission Inventory, etc.
• Lead, facilitate, participate or provide as competent environmental input in ENVIDs, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s, design reviews, gate reviews and / or other risk assessment throughout the project lifecycle.
• Act as a focal point and maintain a proactive approach with the Ministry of Environment along with Project and MOQ Environment Teams to ensure timely receipt of permit(s).
• Coordinate Environmental Baseline Study, ESIA, Consent to Construct application, and other relevant documents; prepare ITT, select and manage external consultants and specialists to assist in the development, compilation, preparation, timely submission, presentation and revision, as required.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Project Environmental Specialist with minimum 15 years’ experience in environmental management in (offshore) oil and gas. Other requirements are;|
• Good understanding of oil and gas design, engineering and construction lifecycle; process and environmental technologies; international regulatory regime, industry standards, best practices and terminology.
• Orientated to finding improvement in project environmental management performance including continuity through the life of the project into operations.
• Well-developed project management skills, the ability to juggle a number of different aspects; good facilitation and negotiation skills; self-starter and proficiency in working with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
• Extensive experience in developing and managing project environmental processes and deliverables.
• Strong competence, derived from practice / experience, across a wide spectrum of environmental issues.
• Familiarity with Contractor Management.
• Ability working with regulators and other external stakeholder groups in formal discussions and working groups, communicating complex technical subject matter in an understandable manner for permit approvals.
• Fluency in English. Proficiency in MS Office.
|>||Last application date: 31 December 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|