Senior Legal Advisor
|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is currently looking for a Senior Legal Advisor to work in Legal Department in Aktau office. |
|You will be working in a challenging, fast moving, interesting and rewarding environment while being exposed to a broad field of assignments and projects in the oil and gas industry.|
We can offer a competitive salary and social package, learning and development. The position location is Aktau, Kazakhstan.
Please apply online by filling in the online application form at www.maerskoil.com and attaching your resume, motivation letter, grade transcripts and other relevant documents.
|The successful candidate will be advising on tax issues, tax and subsoil use legislation, oil and gas project related contracts and other legal advice relevant to the industry.|
The successful candidate will be working with a highly professional and demanding team and will therefore need to show initiative, dedication and enthusiasm. Further development opportunities will be available to the right candidate.
|Who we are looking for|
|The applicants are expected to meet the following requirements: |
• Master Degree in Law, preferably LLM or similar international degree
• Not less than 5 years work experience in the international oil and gas industry or with a law firm
• In depth knowledge of Kazakh legislation, especially in relation to the oil & gas industry
• Proficiency in English, Russian and preferably Kazakh languages
• Litigation experience
• Experience of working with Government and other authorities regarding permits, ap-provals and compliance issues in the oil and gas industry
• Experience with the tax legislation
• Experience with compliance, due diligence
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Ability to balance priorities and coordinate work effectively in order to meet deadlines and deal with high workload together with willingness to be flexible;
• Business focused, team player, strong professional ethics.
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is owned by Maersk Olie og Gas AS, Denmark, a company in the A.P. Moller Maersk Group. Maersk Olie og Gas AS is an international upstream oil company, with extensive operations in Denmark, Germany, Qatar, UK, Norway, Angola, Algeria, Brazil, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and US Gulf of Mexico. Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH operates the Dunga Field in Mangistau Oblast. For further information about the A. P. Moller – Maersk Group and Maersk Oil see www.maersk.com and www.maerskoil.com|
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|