Lead Electrical Engineer
|Maersk Oil is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer who will play a critical role in driving the execution of the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define/Execute stages for Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation Platforms, Subsea Pipelines, Brownfield Tie-ins, ITT Packages for FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective. |
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through application of Electrical Engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for the provision of quality electrical engineering support, services and assurance to the integrated project team. By applying a common and consistent design approach and working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS) and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES), and if necessary by proposing use of international standards, for areas of the design that is not currently covered by our standards.|
Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Drive an Incident Free environment through establishing a strong safety culture within the Electrical team;
• Establish Electrical team priorities, targets and activity plans to support the Field Development Plan (FDP) objectives. Ensure direct reports are fully aligned and empowered to deliver;
• Performs electrical engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of engineering issues and problems;
• Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, chartered engineer status or equivalent professional affiliation, with experience in the definition and design of Greenfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) minimum;|
• 10 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience post-graduation, and
• 10-15 years’ experience on ITT package development, for FEED and detailed engineering phases on Mega Offshore Greenfield projects; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation platforms, at least 5 years of which as Lead Electrical Engineer.
• Excellent understanding of HV power generation, power systems, electrical equipment packages and Hazardous area classification.
• Is familiar with the IEC codes and standards and is current on new scientific engineering methods.
• Has sound knowledge and understanding on EU directive 94/9/EC: Atmospheric Explosive Directive. Equipment and Protective Systems Intended for Use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres
• Has sound knowledge and understanding on EI IP-MCSP-P15: “Model Code of Safe Practice Part 15: Area Classification Code for Installations Handling Flammable Fluids”.
• Knowledge of construction, installation and Hook-up and Commissioning aspects for offshore facilities, and the critical integration requirements between Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
• Able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
• Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
|>||Last application date: 04 April 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|