Projects: Lead Pipeline Engineer
|The Lead Pipeline Engineer shall also be the primary, Qatar-based, technical reference for pipeline design related issues during the procurement, construction, installation and commissioning phases, and shall play a key role in providing technical support to the startup teams. The Lead Pipeline Engineer will be instrumental in the formation and efficient operation of the project Pipeline Engineering team and will be responsible for setting direction and maintaining progress across all Pipeline Engineering work fronts.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead Pipeline Engineer shall, through his team, be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, and assurance to the integrated project team. The Lead Pipeline Engineer shall apply a common and consistent design approach and work collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, such that all project deliverables are in compliance with the relevant Maersk Oil and international standards.|
Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Pipeline Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Supporting the transition from the concept selection phase to FEED and beyond, including set up and on-going management of the project Pipeline Engineering team from a mix of internal and external recruits;
• Playing a key role in the tender processes for Pipeline FEED and EPIC activities, including integration with existing assets;
• Provision of technical direction, innovation and excellence through all project phases from concept select through to start up;
• Setting direction, creating and executing work plans, and managing resources for the Pipeline Engineering scope;
• Ensures Pipeline Design Engineers are provided access to, and training on, tools required to perform study and design review work;
• Encourages Pipeline Design Engineers to maintain continual interface with external departments, especially; Operations, Facilities Engineering, other project teams, etc.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Pipeline Engineer, with a recognised degree in a related Engineering subject and experience in the definition and design of both brownfield and greenfield offshore oil & gas facilities. |
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a minimum of 15 years’ of relevant oil and gas industry experience in pipeline engineering, with at least 5 years demonstrable success in a lead role;
• Have demonstrable experience in the completion of ITT’s, FEED, and EPIC’s on at least 2 major Pipeline contracts >$250MM;
• Have strong knowledge of the fundamentals of offshore process and utility system design, related to pipeline systems;
• Have strong capability in pipeline design E2E (between Launcher / Receivers on separate off shore facilities) on of both Greenfield and Brownfield developments, including budget and schedule estimation, installation implications, system integration and start-up challenges;
• Have a strong understanding of pipeline contracts through the different stages; design, procurement, fabrication, installation and testing, and integration into existing systems;
• Have a good understanding of the latest technology advances in offshore pipeline engineering applications;
• Experience in engineering management at; principal, area lead, lead engineer, senior project engineer or study manager level and previous exposure to stage gate project delivery would be considered an advantage;
• Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written – effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|