Senior Contracts Engineer
|Maersk Oil is looking for a Senior Contracts Engineer to work on a major development project. The Senior Contracts Engineer Advises and guides Leaders within the Project Management Team on all matters relating to contracting strategy, sourcing, tender evaluation, award recommendation, negotiation, commitment and contractor management.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|As senior Contracts Engineer you will be the single embedded Procurement authority for the sourcing and commitment of contracts to support the project encompassing all services & goods, comprehensive scopes of work, HSSEQ requirements, timely delivery, best possible value creation and risk mitigation via a consistent and auditable process conducted in a proactive collaborative manner. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;|
• Apply and advance the principles of procurement governance as defined by MOG’s Project Maturation Process (PMP), New Procurement Standard (Q1 2014), QP Tender Procedures and best practice ensuring compliance with the EPSA
• Demonstrate accountability thereby facilitating effective cross-functional interaction and improved outcomes for the project
• Maintain current market intelligence through market interaction and liaison with Group Procurement Category Managers
• Understand drivers and dynamics of specific market segments
• Develop and advise PMT of negotiation strategies
• Conduct negotiations
• Represent PMT at QP Tender Committee meetings
|Who we are looking for|
|You will have at least 8 years’ experience with excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to organize and motivate people to achieve a common goal.|
• At least 5 years should be related to contracts, ideally in a large project environment
• Minimum 2 years offshore oil industry experience
• Thorough understanding of capital project stages from conception through execution
• Thorough understanding of the contracting process and demonstrated abilities through past large capital project experiences
• The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, superior organization and planning skills
• Proven ability to train and coach less experienced staff
• Experience with ERP and MRP systems (ARIBA & SAP)
• Offshore oil capital project experience
• Middle East project experience preferable
|>||Last application date: 04 April 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|