|Cape TownLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: ML-035512|
To assist in formulating the Safmarine Reefer strategy and implementation of this in the South African cluster and our global networks.. To manage the internal & external sales and service on a cluster basis and to achieve profitable sales of Safmarine services on a multi-trade basis. To Maintain and improve Safmarine’s image as the carrier of choice in the reefer industry in South Africa. To build relationships with our strategic customers and grow the business with strategic and other selected customers.
• Implementing our reefer strategy for the cluster across our targeted customer base.
• Insuring customer service levels are maintained to meet our access and experience.
• Develop ideas and concepts to our service offering and penetration into existing and new markets.
• Ensure growth of both volume and yield across all trade routes.
• Monitor and motivate schedule and pricing changes in order to maximise our volume and yield in the dynamic reefer market.
• Provide input into pricing strategy in conjunction with TNM and the reefer team.
• Keep an active presence in the market with our customer base to ensure in depth understanding of the market and their business, so enabling the best possible solutions to them.
• Monitor level of competence in Cluster and provide guidance and training as and when required.
• Negotiate and draw up Cluster SLA agreements with our customers were necessary.
• Manage a customer portfolio.
• Prepare analysis & keep abreast of market trends (both Cluster & International) including competitors.
• Network with cluster and international offices to increase sales and support from our respective customers and create opportunities for new business.
• Quote and assist local and international regions with regards pricing strategy.
• Assist to negotiate annual national reefer. Continued negations throughout the year as and when the need arises as market trends change.
• Investigate, negotiate and process commercial claims in a mutually beneficial way for Safmarine and our customers
• Assist with outstanding freight where necessary.
• Provide input and guidance into the best publications or events were we can maximise our exposure as a reefer brand.
• Visit Customer to look for new business and to monitor level of service we are providing on existing business. Including National and International visits.
• Enable the best solutions for our customers through our region/cluster offices.(BOK,COM,MNG,FRC)
• Identify and secure new business opportunities for the cluster to grow both volume and revenue. Use both local trade routes and cross trade opportunities.
• Strategic alliances formed with customers resulting in customised service packages
• Customer needs identified and presentations / proposals presented with Solutions.
• Entertainment: Host sporting events; dinners; attend strategic functions (e.g. exporters, Breakfast Club etc). Organise customer functions and internal/external networking functions.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Ability to work in a high pressured high value environment and prioritize accordingly.|
• Thorough knowledge of documents involved in the shipping process e.g. SI’s, Bills of Lading and CTO’s as well as the buying / selling process.
• Sales skills (incl negotiation skills & people management)
• Able to understand & monitor market trends.
• Ability to think laterally.
• Ability to travel.
• Be a team player.
• Ability to work flexi time as and when the job requires.
• Understanding of reefer industry and how it operates including local and international markets and the performance of these markets.
• Ability to work under a high pressure environment and prioritize according.
• Ability to work on one’s self without being driven to complete tasks.
• You have a keen interest and value The Safmarine Way characteristics by:
• Strong negotiations skills.
- Always putting customers first (adopting customer-oriented attitude)
- Fully dedicating oneself to one’s work (engaging)
- Creating and encouraging team spirit (co-operating)
• Ability to defuse volatile situations.
• Ability to think on ones feet and take ownership.
• Safmarine Circles
• Microsoft Excel, Word & Lotus notes
• Safmarine E-Commerce Products and Services
• Sales Force
• Understand the VIP and TICO Process.
• Roam Manual.
|>||Last application date: 13 December 2013.|
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|