Projects: Project Information Manager
|Maersk Oil is looking for a Project Information Manager to provide, develop and source goods and services required for providing full Data and Information Management (D/IM) support across the lifecycle of a major project, whilst managing Risk and Quality, along with maximizing value through engagement with the identified responsible parties in the PMT & FMT, and their identified counterparts in the contractors teams. With an overall responsibility for the projects IPT and Contractors compliance with applicable Local & Global D/IM standards, procedures and guidelines.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Reporting to the Head of Project Services, There will be an initial focus on developing the D/IM Strategy and Plans for the project, which shall be directly referenced and related to the applicable Standards from our GMS, and this is for all the project workstreams. This will also include evaluation and identification of the technology based support systems for the project. |
• Accountable for an efficient and consistent exchange, review, control and delivery of quality data and information between all parties (including 3rd parties) through to the hand-over of an agreed package of Data and Information to each of the identified ‘final’ stakeholders in each of the functional areas or workstreams, e.g. Operations / Asset Teams per Facility / Location;
• Establish the Project Interfaces to the Asset for exchange of information, management of change and assurance for the brownfield D/IM aspects/requirements for the project;
• Develop, evolve, communicate and implement a Project Information Strategy (PIS), based on the D/IM Standards (Local and Global), for the project;
• Accountable for the provision of all aspects relating to Data and Information Management (D/IM) throughout the project lifecycle and ensuring infrastructure and interface between all participating stakeholders are appropriately accounted for, herby known as the Project Information Plan (PIP);
• Develop and execute the PIP, to an approved budget, across all project stages and phases, up to hand over to end user, for the assigned work scope;
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Project Information Manager with minimum 10 years’ experience in Data and Information Management (D/IM) for Capital Projects, and a minimum 5 years in a management/lead position working through the define and execute stages of similar offshore oil and gas projects with extensive Greenfield and Brownfield aspects;|
Other requirements are;
• Extensive experience in client role for an operator and contractor;
• In depth knowledge of D/IM support systems, and related industry standard packages, especially the integration and management between the different D/IM support systems, including 3rd party aspects on major capital projects;
• In depth knowledge of Engineering Document Control and Enterprise Document Management Systems, including the associated Standards, Guidelines and Processes;
• In depth knowledge of document control processes and systems from FEED, through design, construction, hook-up, commissioning and hand-over to operations;
• Familiarity with the D/IM aspects of these functional and support service areas; geosciences, drilling, petroleum engineering, facilities engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations, information systems, legal, HR, etc.;
• Sound understanding of auditing and compliance with Quality Assurance aspects relating to D/IM on Capital Projects, with Greenfield and Brownfield aspects;
• Experience working in the Middle East and multi-international locations, including Asia.
|>||Last application date: 03 May 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|