Offshore Health and Safety Advisor
|DohaLocal/ExpatDrilling Operations Offshore||Ref.: MO-042119|
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar. Due to this expansion we are currently recruiting for an Offshore Health and Safety Advisor.|
The successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring the performance of offshore activities in connection with safety and assists senior offshore business leaders with advice and guidance in safety and environmental matters in accordance with plans as described in the Annual HSE program.
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with the postion being based on a 28/28 rotation.
|Health, safety and Environmental • Drive and cultivate an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture|
• Assist in defining and enforcing health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental operating procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
• Monitor and interpret safety, health and environment indicators, e.g., accident rates, oil/chemical spill, near miss etc., across the platforms and provide advice on becoming an Incident free operation.
Operational • Assist the Platform leadership team in ensuring that all activities on and around the installations are planned, executed and completed a safe and optimal manner
• Perform internal audits of “risk management” systems (PTW, R/A & mitigation, inhibits, isolations, Tool box talks etc) as requested by Offshore Leadership teams; all observations to be addressed with responsible line supervisor
• Review the inspection, maintenance and condition of all safety equipment offshore in particular the fire-fighting and life-saving equipment
• Attend in Incident Investigations to ensure consistency accurate reporting
• Assist in leading, managing and support the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of MOQ Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System as appropriate
• Assist in raising cultural awareness and personal responsibility understanding of all employees and contractors, and improve knowledge of offshore employees in HSSE technical disciplines
Stakeholder Relations • Facilitate daily communication and coordination between off-and onshore businesses pertaining to key HSSE matters and sharing of knowledge and experience
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with external parties required to meet MOQ’s business and operational objectives
• Represent MOQ vis-à-vis external stakeholders in areas of operational importance
Other • Proactively take responsibility for self-progression by keeping abreast with industry best practice, latest developments, knowledge and innovations in HSSE
• Provide expert advice on process safety, leading safety and environmental issues on offshore installations
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Life Science, Engineering or Health Studies|
• A minimum of 8 years experience preferably in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and/or production industries in a similar role
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures
• Have an in-depth knowledge and expertise in global best practices, world-class systems, models, tools, and techniques
|>||Last application date: 03 June 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|