Engine Control Room Operator
|LuandaLocalDrilling Operations Offshore||Ref.: MD-042083|
|Would you like to enhance your career further on a technically advanced drilling rig? And be part of a company where challenges, training and career opportunities go hand in hand? |
Maersk Drilling HBA, Lda. is on the lookout for an Engine Control Room Operator.
By joining us, you can look forward to a position in an international environment and with the possibility of being trained to become an Engine Room Responsible in 18 month.
|With a constantly expanding fleet of jack-up rigs, semi-submersibles and drilling barges we promise top of the industry equipment. This also enables our devoted employees to ensure that we deliver a service that meets our customers' high expectations. |
This is an opportunity to join a company with the personal touch for a long term career where you can develop professionally and personally. We pride ourselves in being able to provide opportunities for future advancement and training.
Maersk Drilling HBA, Lda. are looking for an Engine Control Room Operator. You will be reporting directly to the Room Engineer/Maintenance Engineer of Maersk Deliverer, one of our semi-submersible drilling rigs.
|• The Engine Control Room Operator is responsible for conducting the engine watch and for the safe and correct execution of the items in the preventive maintenance program assigned to the position.|
• Responsible for Engine Room alarm and normal on duty routines
• Routine checks of the machinery, tanks, bilge, and pump-rooms as directed by the superiors and in accordance with established procedures.
• Monitor gauges, alarms, and general conditions of machinery and equipment.
• Inform the superiors on duty regarding any irregularities
• Ensure that all equipment within the area of responsibility is being inspected at the beginning of each shift. Special attention must be given to equipment in operation and equipment required by the immediately impending operation
• Responsible to provide repair service to the other functions on board
• Carry out other work as directed by the Maintenance Engineer or Engine Room Engineer.
Promotion opportunities exist to a position as Engine Room Responsible
|Who we are looking for|
|To qualify for the position you must hold: |
• Certificate of competency STCW III/1 (Watch keeping engineer)
• Mechanical background with knowledge about diesel engines
• Computer literate and knowledge of computerized maintenance systems
• Conversant with safety management and quality management principles
• Good verbal and written English communication skills
• Angolan citizen
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|