|LuandaLocalDrilling Operations Offshore||Ref.: MD-042033|
|Would you like to enhance your career further on a technically advanced drilling rig? And be part of a company where challenges, training and career opportunities go hand in hand? Maersk Drilling HBA, Lda. is currently looking for dedicated and experienced Rig Electrician to join Maersk Deliverer.|
|Maersk Drilling HBA Lda. currently have 1 semi-submersibles Maersk Deliverer in Angola, but has an ambition to grow in Angola.|
In Maersk Drilling HBA, Lda. you are more than a number. We invite you to embark on a new offshore journey with us – with the opportunity to:
• work with competent colleagues in an open a cooperative culture where everyone is treated with trust and respect
• get qualified training on a regular basis, develop your skills, and enhance your chances for further great career moves
• be part of a company that always puts safety on top of the agenda
This is an opportunity to join a company with the personal touch for a long term career where you can develop professionally and personally. We pride ourselves in being able to provide opportunities for future advancement and training.
|Ensure that the operation and maintenance of the electrical installations and the electrical equipment are kept on a high level, so break down during operation is avoided. |
Ensure that the installations and the equipment (i.e. generators, transformers, SCRs, switchboards, DC and AC motors, BOP electrical control, galley appliances, lighting, winches, electrical hand-tools, etc.) at all times are in proper condition concerning safety as well as in compliance with the regulations.
The Rig Electrician is primarily responsible for the HV plant and power distribution system onboard the vessel but is not restricted to working exclusively on these systems. Responsibilities also include assisting the Electronic Technicians in their respective activities as and when is required by the Electrical Supervisor.
The Rig Electrician further has the responsibility for the following:
• Inspect the electrical installations and the electrical equipment onboard on a regular basis
• Always keep the Electrical Supervisor informed of the operational status of electrical equipment and systems
• Maintain a good working environment in all working areas and ensure good housekeeping and safe working conditions
• When controlling the work of others the Electrician is responsible for the safety of the personnel working under his management
|Who we are looking for|
|The preferred candidate has experience as Rig Electrician and has the following qualifications:|
• Holding a certificate of apprenticeship, preferable certified industrial electrician or recognized UK Apprenticeship (City and Guilds) at Higher national Certificate, HNC, or Higher National Diploma, HND, in electrical engineering.
Candidates without official qualifications must pass an internal test.
• Certified to supervise and carry out work on HV Power Plants, and experienced in HV power generation and power distribution onboard DP Rigs
• Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably including 3 years on offshore drilling rigs
• Experience in variable speed control of AC/DC motors
• Experience in faultfinding, measuring and testing of electromechanical equipment
• Experience in faultfinding and repairs to a wide range of PLC controlled equipment
• Experienced in faultfinding and testing of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Experience in Calibration of analogue and digital transmitters
• Conversant with documentation in the following areas: loop diagram, ladder diagram and flow charts
• Conversant with rules and regulations for electrical equipment, including electrical safety explosion proof equipment, utilization of electrical equipment in different areas and current rating, short circuit protection and selectivity
• Conversant with Dynamic Positioning Drilling Rig Operations, computerized maintenance systems and safety Management principles
• Good verbal and written English communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
• Angolan citizen
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|