Senior Project Planner
|Maersk Oil Qatar are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project planner to work alongside our engineering and projects team. |
Embedded within the Engineering & Projects department, the Senior Planning Engineer will be responsible for the detailed planning, scheduling & reporting of projects, as well as developing and producing plans using Primavera P6.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for deliverables such as S-curves, one page dashboard by project, histograms and tabular man-hour reports.
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|• Actively support a working culture based on a commitment to Incident Free Operations.|
• Build effective working relationships with other departments in Maersk Oil Qatar AS and other parties as appropriate.
• Support good, open communication promoting a culture of continuous learning and adherence to Maersk values.
• Provision of day to day planning support the Project Engineers/ Lead Discipline Engineers to help ensure the successful and timely delivery of all work within assigned projects.
• Review and report on schedule
1. Critical path analysis of the support network schedule.
2. Providing detailed project plan and schedule development in Primavera P6.
3. Variance analysis of critical paths.
4. Working closely with the project team assisting and guiding on any project planning issues.
• Developing and producing Planning deliverables such as S-curves, one page dashboard by project, Histograms and tabular man-hour reports.
• Implementing best practices and planning system / tools user guidelines.
• Developing and produce Integrated Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction Plans at various levels for assigned Project(s).
• Producing and communicating of planning deliverables for assigned project(s) by liaising with the Integrated Activity Planning group. Attend the IAP meetings.
• Liaising with cost, estimating and procurement departments.
• Understanding of project team and client reporting requirements and expectations including performance measures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensuring all client planning expectations are met.
• Deputizing for Lead Planning Engineer responsibilities, as required.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Qualified to degree level in Engineering or equivalent|
• 10+ years’ work experience in Planning / Scheduling
• At least 5 years’ experience of working within the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Thorough experience and understanding of planning and scheduling principles.
• Thorough knowledge in the use of Primavera P6 software
• Demonstrable proficiency with integrated planning environments and processes
• Initiative to seek out required information and communicate issues proactively
• Strong communication and people development experience.
• Knowledge of Project Management,
• Project Control and Performance Measurement.
|>||Last application date: 03 July 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|