Production Engineer – Corporate Technology & Innovation, Maersk Oil, Copenhagen
|Maersk Oil is looking for a dedicated Senior or Lead Production Engineer to join its Corporate Technology and Innovation department (CTI), at its head office in Copenhagen. CTI is the custodian of Maersk Oil’s research and technology development investments, manages the associated global project portfolio, provides technology scouting, advises the organization on new technology applications and supports and facilitates technology deployment across the company’s operations. CTI works closely with Maersk Oil’s business units and research centres to ensure an appropriate project portfolio, able to deliver results in accordance with the technology strategy and goals of the company. |
|A role as Production Engineer in a cross-disciplinary, diverse and integrated team, working with dedication and passion to develop and manage Maersk Oil’s technical development and innovation project portfolio. The successful candidate will be working jointly with business units, discipline chiefs and Maersk Oil research centres in Copenhagen and Qatar to identify projects aiming to find new and innovative technical solutions to the challenges encountered by Maersk Oil’s global operations. For on-going projects, the Production Engineer will provide advice and steer in terms of project advance, needs for readjustment and potential re-prioritisations. Implementation of new technological solutions is the responsibility of the Maersk Oil business units, but the Production Engineer will be working closely together with these to provide recommendations and support in terms of safe and effective solution adaptation and time and cost effective deployment. |
Technology development projects are anchored in a distributed fashion across Maersk Oil. A key role of the Production Engineer in CTI is therefore through engagement with business units and external technology and research providers to maintain an overview of the on-going global production and operating engineering projects in Maersk Oil. From a central position of overview the role provides the ideal position to stimulate and drive effective sharing of ideas, solutions and learnings from the many technology projects across the organisations.
As part of the role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in global technology scouting and accordingly be exposed to new technologies and workflows, as well as, continuously encountering new opportunities for learning and development. A pivotal element of the role will be a direct involvement in the sharing and absorption of new technologies and innovations across the company.
|• Act as the CTI focal point for all production and operations engineering related research and technology development activities financed by Maersk Oil|
• Translation of the overall company technology strategy into a tangible and executable research and technology development strategy for production engineering
• Stewardship of the global production engineering research & technology development project portfolio
• In close collaboration with Global Operations, spearhead implementation and application of new production engineering technologies and methods in BU’s with particular focus on Integrated Operations (IO)
• Global technology scouting, identify emerging technologies with high business impact
• Pro-actively stimulate idea generation and idea maturation among the technical staff in Maersk Oil, promoting a mindset of experimentation and prototyping
• Promote and encourage global knowledge sharing on technology within the discipline, across disciplines and across business units
• Provide technical support and advise to the head of CTI in the area of production and operations engineering
|Who we are looking for|
|• You have an engineering degree in a relevant subject |
• You have minimum ten years of hydrocarbon development and/or producing operations experience.
• Significant all round oil and gas engineering experience covering development, production and operations issues, preferably from fields developed in part or fully by horizontal wells.
• You are skilled in terms of reservoir management, evaluation and surveillance of mature fields
• You have an overall understanding of the complete life-cycle of field development, production system optimization, and field (re-)development and abandonment concept/ plans
• You have good knowledge of the interface between geoscience, engineering and IT
• You have had exposure to research & development (R&D) environments and a sound understanding of the challenges associated with transforming research into application and the impact operational constraints impose on this process.
• You are an effective team player with strong communication and social skills, allowing you to be effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures.
• You have well developed influencing skills and the ability to influence and be assertive in a non-confrontational way.
• You are self-motivated and a self-starter with the drive and initiative to achieve results.
• You have a strong passion for technology development and innovation
• You are able to improvise and work comfortably with uncertainty and ambiguity
|>||Last application date: 14 February 2014.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|