Lead Planner Specialist
|Reporting to the Head of Project Services, the Lead Planner Specialist is responsible for the detailed planning, scheduling & reporting of all scope, activities and deliverables on a large scale project, and will develop, produce and maintain a level 4 plan using Primavera P6.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Lead Planner Specialist will demonstrate skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing workable solutions to planning and scheduling challenges in a very dynamic environment, and must have a very positive and proactive mind set, and significant interpersonal skills in order to understand and gather the required information for the project plan and schedules.|
Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Planner Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Develop an integrated level 4 plan and monitor the progress of a large scale field development project;
• Review and report on all project schedules.
• Defines project needs for project planning in accordance with established industry standards and project requirements, objectives, and procedures.
• Manage the Master Control Schedule update cycle, where updated plans and progress reports are received from contractors, and used to update the project plans, progress curves, schedule value, earned value, etc.
• Manage the allocation of any other Project Planners to specific tasks, ensuring an excellent level of service to the Project Management and Facilities Management Teams.
• Provides supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan.
• Plans and supervises the effort to establish milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure the support of project milestones.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Planner Specialist with a bachelor’s degree, in Project Management, or Engineering from an accredited university preferred. Large scale project experience is a must within the Oil & Gas sector;|
• A minimum of 10 years hand on project planning and associated experience working within the Oil & Gas Industry.
• A minimum of 8 years hands on Primavera Enterprise Environment experience
• At least 5 years’ experience as Lead Planner
• Candidates applying for this role shall have a proven track record working on large scale offshore Greenfield and Brownfield projects where they have been responsible for the successful delivery of an ‘integrated’ level 4 plan, and managing the plan’s during project execution to delivery on a multi-EPC/EPIC package basis.
|>||Last application date: 03 May 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|