Senior/Lead Production Technologist
|AktauLocal/ExpatReservoir/Petroleum Engineering||Ref.: MO-039421|
|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan is currently in the execution phase of Dunga Phase 2 project, which involves drilling of 198 wells, as a result a significant increase in production incremental to the mature field operations is expected over the next years. Due to this expansion, a Senior/Lead Production Technologist is required to handle the increased complexity of new well production management, mature field production optimization operations and leadership in well reservoir and facility management.|
|The MOK Petroleum Engineering Department offers a strong technical, as well as, challenging environment that provides an excellent opportunity to take part in growing the Business Unit and maximizing asset potential.|
This residential position is located in Aktau, Kazakhstan.
We offer family status terms (housing, car and driver pool, schooling, etc.), as well as, relocation to Aktau.
|The role of Senior/Lead Production Technologist will include the activities below: |
• Responsible for leading the Production Optimization Team, and for delivering Production Technology solutions to the Business Unit.
• Responsible for identification of production optimization opportunities for the Dunga field based on field well measurements and SCADA systems.
• Responsible to provide support for assisting Well Services Department in planning well interventions, Well Integrity team and Production Operations.
• Utilize well and reservoir surveillance tools for efficient monitoring of field data, and to manage production well testing approvals and allocation procedures
• Monitoring and Surveillance of artificial lift systems (ESPs, SRPs)
• Lead the execution of well reviews and well reservoir and facility management
• Lead study projects, execution and optimization of Field Development Plan.
• Lead development of production forecasts and Production Excellence program support.
• Lead monitoring and surveillance plans by providing technical support and field supervision.
• Ensure development and maintenance of well high quality data bases.
• Ensure timely preparation of monthly/weekly technical reports for different stakeholders.
• Coordinate work with contractors, including, evaluation, selection and contract preparation.
• Lead implementation of projects and programs related to the domain of the Petroleum Engineering Department.
• Proactive behavior towards liaising with Production Operations, Drilling and Well Services, Engineering and Projects, GRSM and HSE.
• Ensure standards and procedures are in place and followed while performing in the Petroleum engineering Department.
• Ensure Production Technology support is provided to the Dunga Phase II project with a free incident mindset
• Training, mentoring and coaching of less experienced staff.
|Who we are looking for|
|• • Undergraduate degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or Petroleum) required|
• Graduate degrees preferred
• Minimum 15 years relevant experience in Production Technology / Petroleum Eng.
• Experience in waterflooding projects, well & reservoir surveillance, perforation, stimulation, well interventions, production/injection logging surveys, water conformance.
• Experience with artificial lift systems (ESPs, SRPs)
• Experience with Eclipse, Saphir, IPM package (PROSPER, GAP, MBAL, etc),
• Experience with Sucker Rod Pumping software for designing and diagnostic analysis is a plus.
• Experience with OFM and Avocet PDMS is a plus.
• Proved training and mentoring experienced of young engineers, as well as project leadership skills.
• Excellent communication and management skills.
• Significant international work experience on similar projects is necessary.
• Fluent in English – written and spoken
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is owned by Maersk Olie og Gas AS, Denmark, a company in the A.P. Moller Maersk Group. Maersk Olie og Gas AS is an international upstream oil company, with extensive operations in Denmark, Germany, Qatar, UK, Norway, Angola, Algeria, Brazil, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and US Gulf of Mexico. Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH operates the Dunga Field in Mangistau Oblast. For further information about the A. P. Moller – Maersk Group and Maersk Oil see www.maerskoil.com|
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|