I &R Engineer (Only Qatari Nationals)
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar. |
We are looking for I & R Engineer to conduct planned maintenance activities, troubleshoot and repair of mechanical equipment under minimum supervision ensuring safe and efficient operations in accordance with Maersk Oil Qatar approved procedures and guidelines, design limitations and legislative requirements.
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary in a tax-free country and family status terms (schooling, etc.) and relocation to Doha if required.
|Key responsibilities include|
- Liaise with Sr. Maintenance Engineer and Team Lead Mechanical in planning, preparing, scheduling and prioritizing maintenance activities under area of responsibility ensuring the required level of equipment integrity and reliability.
- Conduct testing and maintenance of mechanical equipment under area of responsibility ensuring alignment to original design in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with operating procedures and guidelines.
- Implement operational priorities, targets and plans in line with policies, guidelines and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities and initiative that enables maximum production output within the parameters of environmental compliance and process safety.
- Tack and monitor cash flow, cost controls and expenses towards optimum utilization of company’s resources within own area.
- Contribute to the development and execution of safe work processes, operating procedures and guidelines to ensure process safety, operational safety and plant integrity.
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of junior staff to ensure compliance to relevant health, safety and environmental excellence procedures and controls.
|Who we are looking for|
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience preferably in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and or production industries in a similar role.
- Experience within normal mechanical duties such as alignment of pumps, motors workshop manufacturing (Lathe machine), overhaul / repair of rotating equipment / pumps and valves and general experience with work on ex classified equipment and systems would be an added advantage.
The candidate should be
- Fluent in English.
- Thorough in working knowledge of design procedures, use of standards and regulations for machinery / equipment under area of responsibility.
- Able to read, write and understand relevant drawings such as P & ID, isometric and steel structure drawings.
|>||Last application date: 03 September 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|