Vessel IT Manager
|Maersk Tankers is looking for a talented and experienced Vessel IT Manager to join our IT Department in Copenhagen, Denmark. |
|Maersk Tankers offers an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. |
Maersk Tankers offers the successful candidate an excellent remuneration package, including:
• Attractive annual salary package and bonus;
• Flexible working hours and generous leave entitlements;
• Extensive benefits package including company pension scheme, health insurance and gym membership.
|The Vessel IT Manager is expected to be the hurricanes eye - calm and clear in the middle of a busy and sometimes hectic shipping company where vessels are very dependent on stable and effective IT services. |
The Vessel IT Manager will be required to deal with issues from the a low practical level all the way up to a deep technical involvement in finding the right IT solution for the fleet or the individual vessel. Being the liaison between the vessel IT users and the land based services, the Vessel IT Manager will play an important role in providing quality in the IT based part of the crews tools onboard, both for business use as well as for crew welfare.
The position reports to the CIO and Head of IT, and the key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that vessel based IT and satellite communication systems are running smooth and stable;
• Managing daily operational issues that require managerial level decisions;
• Administrative handling of commissioning and decommissioning of vessels;
• Setting policies and defining service levels for vessel IT offerings and services;
• Overall management of the Manila based Vessel IT Support Centre;
• Continuous optimizing of processes and procedures;
• Managing contracts and communication with sub-suppliers and strategic partners relating to vessel IT;
• Designing future Vessel IT platform on a strategic level ensuring technical support of known and expected business and crew requirements.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following personal and professional skills and experience:|
Personal skills and experience:
• Service minded and willing to go the extra mile to ensure user satisfaction and uninterrupted business;
• Strong sense of urgency;
• Calm in tense/stressful situations;
• Strong communicator written and orally, English proficiency is a must;
• Ability to work on and alternate between a strategic as well as a practical level;
• Structured and orderly approach, both in material and immaterial settings.
Professional skills and experience:
• Travel experience, multi-cultural and preferably nautical experience;
• ITIL certification and/or strong practical experience;
• IT Infrastructure knowledge/know-how;
• Knowledge about satellite communication equipment;
• Strong interpersonal abilities, could be combined with managerial experiences from smaller technical teams;
• Strong customer service/incident handling experience;
• Purchasing and contract managing experience;
• Presentation and reporting experience to upper tiers of the organization;
• Financial understanding and budget control abilities.
|>||Last application date: 04 August 2014.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersktankers.com||Maersk Tankers owns and operates one of the largest product tanker fleets in the world – all built and operated in accordance with the highest standards for quality and reliability. We acquired our first dedicated tanker in 1928, and we’ve been expanding and improving our fleet to meet changing customer needs ever since. Driven by our innovative spirit and commitment to first-class service, we never stop striving to offer safer, more environmentally friendly and more cost-effective transport solutions for our customers around the world.|