|ShanghaiLocalShipping Operations||Ref.: ML-059135|
|Responsible for the string tasks within the Capacity department and service geography.|
Carry out cost-leadership concept throughout the whole execution process.
Manage for profit and optimize the utilization.
Execute according to uptake.
Develop, communicate and execute proposals for more efficient network utilization, optimize contingencies coverage and minimize transport plan disruptions as well as optimize vessel utilisation.
Actively propose new ideas to do work more effectively.
Ensure company procedures and guidelines are effectively communicated and implemented.
Effective communication among stakeholder including external VSA partner. Promote positive teamwork internally between functions.
|• Improve and perfect analytical skills in operational decision making and gain cross-function coordination skills|
• Acquire knowledge of the network drivers and strategic planning of the network
• Build change-management skills
• Build an understanding of the terminal set-up and importance of hubs for Maersk Line operations. All the operational cost drivers, control of costs and full participation in cost saving/profit hunt initiatives
|Capacity execution on delegated strings:|
• Execute port allocations with optimal utilization results
• Optimize space/weight per vessel
• Drive optimal cargo mix for optimal utilization results
• Fully utilize the entitled allocation on VSA operated vessel including relay allocation
• Monitor and detect transport plan deviations and handle these accordingly
• Reduce impact of operational bottlenecks, recommend network changes and changes to connection patterns
• Make suggestions to optimize the distribution of moves among the different ports, balancing commercial upsides with operational constraints
• Plan, communicate and execute on contingencies leading to lowest possible effects on costs and service delivery issues
• Avoid unnecessary operational cost while achieving the balance of commercial impact to the best overall interest to the company
• Initiate best practice initiatives
• Promote professional and efficient communication to both internal and external stakeholders
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and stakeholder management skills.|
We need a team-player who is able to handle complexity well. The person needs to get things done with a sense of urgency, attention to detail and result orientation.
Good Capacity Coordinators must sometimes be able to convince other colleagues on the right course of action, and will always need to work well across functions. Solid understanding on processes and how systems support the processes as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are necessary.
Prior experience in Maersk Line or another liner shipping company is preferred.
Good command of both verbal and written English is a must.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|