Cloud Solution Architect
|COPENHAGEN or MAIDENHEAD|
The Maersk Group is a diversified global conglomerate with activities mainly in shipping and energy industries. It employs roughly 121,000 people, and generated 59 billion US dollars in revenue in 2012.
As a Group, its business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, approach to sustainability and drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the Group’s continued success and future growth.
With the ambitions of the different businesses in the Group, there is a need to strengthen the IT infrastructure, as this is a core enabler for future growth and stability. The Group is now taking the next step in professionalising its IT infrastructure services by creating a world-class professional IT shared services organisation that allows its employees across the world to stay connected and do business seamlessly, through efficient and reliable infrastructure. The new
organisation will service the entire Group on Infrastructure services and will enable the Group to have consistent and efficient delivery of IT infrastructure services, and an increased ability to accelerate key improvements such as IT security.
The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
|An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.|
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
|• Responsible for the technical integrity of and scalability of IT solutions across the enterprise, ensuring each solution is designed and implemented in accordance with enterprise guidelines, standards and best practice|
• Works closely with project teams on their solution designs to ensure effective translation of the solution architecture into solutions. A key part of this role is to consult and collaborate with other architects so that solutions are properly defined and coordinated with solutions being developed
• Architecting designing and building solutions to business requirements in accordance to enterprise application and technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines
• Working with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions; assisting solution designers/development team in detailed specification of data, service and process requirements
• Contributing to developing, maintaining and publishing principles, standards, guidelines and processes as needed, ensuring alignment with Enterprise Architecture
• Building and maintain a catalogue of architectural decisions
• Identifying, discussing, requesting and logging exceptions to EA principles and standards during the course of solution design and development
• Point of contact for architectural issues in related projects
• Being part of the solution architecture community established across all MLIT verticals and horizontals; keeping up to date with the area of Solution Architecture
|Who we are looking for|
|• A candidate with advanced knowledge/experience and understanding of architecture, products and integration (10 years + )|
• Infrastructure Architecture and Technical skills covering Microsoft Public Cloud (Azure), VMWare Private Cloud, Virtualisation, Storage infrastructures, Database platforms (Oracle/MSSQL Server) and Middleware technologies (MQ/Fusion Middleware)
• Cloud/automation scripting experience (PowerShell/ JSON)
• Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls/Load Balancers)
• MCSD Azure Solution Architect
• MCSE Server Infrastructure
• Ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces and opinions
• Big-picture / systems thinking
• Ability to translate between technical language and business language
• Fact based and results-oriented
• Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
• Ability to work independently with only little guidance
|>||Last application date: 07 July 2017.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Amanda Huckerby: email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|